New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help with Contender forend
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently purchase a Contender barrel. It is a 22" bull barrel in 30 Herrett. I have never owned a pistol barrel but this may have been intended to be a pistol when it was made. It has a SINGLE lug on the barrel with which to attach the forearm. I thought all Contender barrels had two lugs and I didn't notice until I got ready to put the barrel on the frame and shoot it. Do I just order a G2 pistol forearm? Do all the pistol forends have only one atachment screw?

This barrel is stamped "Texas Contenders", 30 Herrett and KENDRICK followed by a four digit number. BTW, the mounting holes for the scope base are not spaced the same as standard Contender barrels. I was able to modify the base to use three of the four holes in the barrel.

Posts: 277 | Location: Newton, MS | Registered: 08 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
The 10" barrels had one screw and my 14" barrels have two screws. Sounds like you have a custom aftermarket barrel. The same barrel maker probably makes forearms to match the barrels similar to Bullberry or MGM. Does the lug in the barrel line up with either stock mounting hole? God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This barrel maker went out of business or retired many years ago so I will have to get a forearm for a 10" pistol barrel. Thanks for the info.

Posts: 277 | Location: Newton, MS | Registered: 08 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Go to the specialty pistols forum. There are several guys there who make forends for any application you may want. TC Dave made a couple for me (carbine versions), and they are fantastic -- and ran about $65 shipped for a true custom item.

Also, you could have another dovetail slot cut into the barrel if you choose. TC will send you the T-slot nut at no charge.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9319 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some of the earlier Contender Carbine Barrels & Forends only had oone attachment screw. I have seen some of these from time to time but am not sure if the forends are still available or not but like Bobby said one of the custom makers should be able to get you what you need.

Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is one good option.

He'll build anything you want and fit it to the barrel starting at $75.oo for anything non-fancy.

Posts: 895 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Otter is one of the guys I referred to in my earlier post.He's a regular -- even an advertiser, I believe -- on SP. There are several there who can help you.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9319 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote