Find
Notify
Tools

Got this one coming!! UPDATE, With Fajan grip
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jffrybrght
posted
It's a VV blank, chambered by mike b. in 6mm TCU. Now, any help, hints or advice you guys can share?
Jeff

p.s., it's a step up barrel that's a full 1 inch diameter at the muzzle. It'll be wearin' a new Fajan forend channeled out to accept the 1" barrel.

-

GOT IT POSTED RIGHT!!!!

-

[Cool] [Big Grin] [Smile] [Eek!]

[ 05-25-2003, 15:17: Message edited by: jffrybrght ]

Posts: 411 | Location: Ephrata, PA, USA | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I believe the barrel you have is a Krieger that's a 1:14 twist, so lightweight bullets should be what it prefers. For the 55-70 grainers, H335, H322 and BenchMark will give you a good starting point.

I was interested in the barrel until I found out about the twist. I prefer a 1:10 as I primarily use the 80 grain Sierra Single Shot Pistol bullet -- and the 1:10 shoots everything up to 85/87 grains extremely well.But I'd wager that if you feed it 65 grain Bergers, it'll print some rather impressive groups...

Keep us posted with the results...

Posts: 9319 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jffrybrght
posted Hide Post
Bobby, you are right, it is a Kreiger. I do not know the twist rate, as it is used and is being traded for. Thanks for the "head's up". Jeff

Posts: 411 | Location: Ephrata, PA, USA | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Uhh.. yeah. Don't drop it on your foot. [Wink]

I have a 16" one in 300W.. uh... can you say muzzle heavy? [Big Grin]

Posts: 723 | Location: Ny | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice Jeff. What type of scope base it that?

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jffrybrght
posted Hide Post
Jules, from what I'm told, Mike welded the base on the barrel so it will never come off. Jeff

one of us
posted Hide Post
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote