Please don't shoot the messenger! [Big Grin]
There is a Bower rest system for sale at:
http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/messages/19025.shtml
Rich [Razz]

Posts: 139 | Location: Powell WY | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get A Rope [Razz] [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NAH! Hangin's to good for the varmint!! [Eek!] Let's just throw him back into "THE POND"!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Anyhow, doesn't his price of $125 seem high for just the rest? [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 94 | Location: Watsontown, PA. USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does any one have a pic of the Bowers rest system? I can't say I have ever seen one.

Throw him back in the pond??!!!
Den you are a sadistic man.

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
Here is a pic from Mike Bellm's old site. Also, that price seems ok if the forend and grip are included, but just for the rest? [Confused] I seem to remember Don Bower himself offering these for sale **without** grip and forend for about $90.00 or thereabouts [Eek!]

-

[ 07-09-2002, 22:02: Message edited by: Sean HHI #7364 ]

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sean, for the record, the forend and grip pictured are not "Bower Approved." The rest is Bower's, but the forend and grip are made by Denzel Roberts. http://members.tripod.com/dwrobtcwoodnmor

Don does not like Denzel's designs, which I think are outstanding for fit and function, and his workmanship is top drawer.

Don's price for the rest alone was $80, but may be more now. I did not ask as recently as Alliance, NE. But Don's phone is (303)343-9596 if anyone cares to go to the source.

I thought for a minute Rich was selling his Bower rest setup..... now THAT would indicate a lynching due.

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is the exact grip and forend I have on my Bellm 222 Contender. It's Maple and Walnut lamanite. I paid $125. for the set.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, Jules, so you have wood from several shops to compare to. How do you like Denzel's work in general? And specifically, for the money?

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote