THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Pistols    Suggestions on Multi-Contender-Encore + barrels Range bag?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions on Multi-Contender-Encore + barrels Range bag?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've been using a double scoped rifle hard case because I often take 5+ scoped/red dot barrels when I go to the range instead of shoot at home and maybe the odd 1911 or something.

Anybody aware of a useful light duty range bag for taking a couple pistol frames and say 5-ish barrels to the range? Doesn't need to be airport gorilla safe. Doesn't need to carry ammo and ears, because that's what the ammo and ears and such range bag that I bring along is for.

Might try to draw something up and sweet talk mom into using her fancy sewing machine to make a prototype but if anybody has seen anything simalar, I'd be glad to here of it. The "One Frame-Extra barrel" bags leave me a bit short on spaces for barrels.

Alternately, is there a manufacturer you know of that does a multiple Contender/Encore "barrels and optics only" bag?

Thanks

Posts: 176 | Location: Earth | Registered: 18 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Pro camera bags work very well for that purpose if the barrels are no more than 12", though you could probably get 14" tubes to work.

The better ones aren't exactly inexpensive but serve the purpose very well. Plus, you can easily modify the padded compartments to protect the finishes.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a thought but most all of my non-rimfire barrels are 15.5"+ .

Might just have to make my own kit.

Thanks,

Posts: 176 | Location: Earth | Registered: 18 December 2008Reply With Quote