THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who is making the best contender Barrels now?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Evening Gents,

Thinking I might like a brand new 7-30 Waters bbl. approx 18 in. long for my contender. Would appreciate any input RE who is making the best (quality and accuracy) bbls. right now?

Thanks and happy hunting.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
www.matchgrademachine.com gets my vote. Their turnaround is generally around a month, and the quality is simply superb.

Plus, they may already have what you want in their existing inventory.

The first target below was 10 shots, if I remember correctly.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9319 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the barrels Gary Reeder builds. I have many and the quality is as good as anyone else on the market. His prices are very tough to beat as well. reedercustomguns.com

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My vote would be MGM! I picked up a 24" 7-30 from them awhile back and could not be more pleased. Fit and Finish is outstanding!

Posts: 24 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 16 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gents,
Thanks for the insight. I have found this site and the forums to be the best around. Once again I haave not been disappointed.
Happy hunting!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have MGM, Bullberry and several custom shop barrels. I don't own a OTT or an SSK but I know many who do.

From all accounts they all make excellent barrels. For my money I like MGM as well as any and would probably go with them again.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote