New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blaser Handgun
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well I got to paw all over one of the Blaser handguns today. It is a pretty neat rig. What makes it interesting is that it can be converted to a rifle as well, somthing on the order of a Encore, only in a bolt action. It has several down sides to it though $6-700 per barrel. Doesn't make a bit of difference if it is a rifle or a pistol, all the same $$. They are not in demand enough to have the shorter pistol barrels. So what ever you order is a cut down and recrowned rifle barrel.
The things are at $2500-2800 range are actually not a bad deal considering what you can do with it. But I think I will stick with what I have [Wink] .
The sales man was giving me his line, but never once did I hear about any accuracy guarranty, but I never asked either.
The other thing that I noticed was the caliber selection, it plain sucked to my idea of a good hand gun caliber. Oh yes it had the 308 family and the 6BR, but no 7BR, go figure. Basically if the ammo didn't come in a box it wasn't chambered for it, nor was it an option. About the only option of a wildcat in one of these was to do a rechamber. The AI's would be out as there is no way to set the barrel back.
Now for the interesting part and maybe some one with more knowledge than I can fill me, us in. The thing had what he called a "searless" trigger? Searless or not, it was DAMN good. Adjustable too he said, down into the ounces.
The stock was nice, well real nice in fact. The rear grip was pretty good also. I think it would fit most every one, small hand or a large hand.

Just thought I would let you all know. I think mss or some one posted a small ad on it a while back.

BTW, there ya go mss somthing bigger and badder than the 405, how about a full length 416 Remington [Wink] [Razz] .
Jeff

Posts: 655 | Location: Kansas US of A | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsh:
BTW, there ya go mss somthing bigger and badder than the 405, how about a full length 416 Remington [Wink] [Razz] .
Jeff

I could do that in the Competitor. It WILL handle the belted magnums! [Razz] [Big Grin] Hmmmmmmm, a 416.....

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
I could do that in the Competitor. It WILL handle the belted magnums! Hmmmmmmm, a 416.....

OOOOHHH Noooooo!!!! [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Eek!] watch out MBM
Rich Jake

[ 05-19-2003, 04:39: Message edited by: Rich Jake ]

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Any gun I have to sell my car to buy isn't a "Good deal". [Smile]

Posts: 723 | Location: Ny | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
cas, actually IT is a good deal. If you stop and figure the switch barrel aspect for basically ANY standard caliber you could think of on a hand gun and rifle format, it ain't a bad deal. No it is not for the average guy, but then again not very many average guys around here LOL.
In all honesty, I was pretty interested till the guy told me what the barrels cost.
BTW, this thing covers the 20 gauge shotgun aspect so ya know too.

If ya want to talk about selling your car, HELL that ain't nothin'. I had one of the rifle configurations in my paws today, $50000! Oh, they will throw in a $1500 knife with, no charge LOL. Now thats not a GOOD deal, plain freaking stupid where I come from.

Posts: 655 | Location: Kansas US of A | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Jeff
That gun is just one more on the list, of not having enough money for. [Smile] Truthfully even if I did have enough don't know if I'd want one.
Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One more reason to switcbarrrel an XP. PICS

Posts: 261 | Location: SW MO | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pokerplayer, I would like to have look at your XP switch barrel some day. Have seen some of your post on it before.
BTW, I don't recall where I saw it, but there was a thread some where on switch barrel XP's using part of the Savage bolt to change from a large to a small bolt face with out having to get an extra bolt. Was this on the R series maybe? .
Jeff