Gov. Greg Abbott signs permitless carry
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 19313 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Just remember that although signed, it doesn't go into effect until Sept. 1st. Carry one now + you will be illegal. Just a word to the wise as I have seen several guys openly carrying.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't understand this kind of thinking, every thug in the USA will be packing!! it needs some kind of control that makes since..The world is in control of extremeist..middle ground suits me best..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41758 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
...every thug in the USA will be packing!!
The dangerous ones already are, regardless of any laws against it.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last week there was another "mass shooting" in downtown Austin on 6th st. The news does not include that there was a ROT rally going on at the same time. The mayor (who wants to run for governor) blames it on the constitutional carry [even at that time it had not even been signed]. Typical liberal THOUGHTLESSNESS; I.E. 'never let a good crisis go to waste.' Oh + BTW, the shooters were a couple of punk gangbangers that were arguing area dispute. They couldn't shoot straight at each other but hit a lot of civilians, + you just KNOW that they were already legal carriers. thumbdown

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
you just KNOW that they were already legal carriers.

One was 15yoa.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
I can't understand this kind of thinking, every thug in the USA will be packing!! it needs some kind of control that makes since..The world is in control of extremeist..middle ground suits me best..

And they were not already if they wanted to be.

Ray don't you realize Idaho has been that way for at least 5 years.

Governor Butch Otter (R) signed SB 1389, which allows for permitless carry into law on Friday, March 25, making Idaho the eighth state with permitless/constitutional carry. Idaho comes right on the heels of West Virginia, whose permitless/constitutional carry law will go into effect on June 5, 2016.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I understand Idaho has that law....I disagree with open carry, would prefer concealed carry, with no other change in our law..Might save some poor dumb ass from getting killed...My scenario is with concealed carry all you Ar guys will have an edge, and a edge is what wins gun fights..You have the edge of surprise in a bad situation, and with that you control the situation..example a couple of thugs walks in and its a stick up, they disarm or kill those with an exposed gun, the concealed carrier can wait until they move their attention to other and back shoot the bastards, if he is cool and not over reactive..but what ever, I will always carry concealed, always have.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41758 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I understand Idaho has that law....I disagree with open carry, would prefer concealed carry, with no other change in our law..Might save some poor dumb ass from getting killed...My scenario is with concealed carry all you Ar guys will have an edge, and a edge is what wins gun fights..You have the edge of surprise in a bad situation, and with that you control the situation..example a couple of thugs walks in and its a stick up, they disarm or kill those with an exposed gun, the concealed carrier can wait until they move their attention to other and back shoot the bastards, if he is cool and not over reactive..but what ever, I will always carry concealed, always have.

I don't understand what this has to do with criminals carrying more.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Er a criminals carrying is a felony to start with..be it concealed or otherwise?

The catch here is they are not actually criminals until they are so declared so by our weak system of Juris prudence, but thats another issue..

These laws only apply to the citizen without criminal background..Ive never known of a criminal that these laws changed anything and they all carry concealed if at all and All carry permitless. Lot of politics involved btw..As I undertand the law it allows "open carry" and thats being allowed, at least in Idaho.

My post was directed at the non criminal element that want to march down town packing pistol in plain sight to impress the masses and getting their ass shot off in the process and they are plenty of them out there..If nothing else it should be food for thought.. sofa

The law makers, making gun laws are the lest knowledgeable people on the subject as a rule..including hunter game laws..Its always political and based on witch way the wind blows the hardest..

I should add to this conversation that permitless cary is the same as "driverlicenseless" a new word in this case!! would be just as ridiculas...gun toters in public need to be schooled, tested and licensed IMO..Permitlesses folks and rookie cops scare me more than an armed criminal rotflmo It would be so easy to injure or kill a armed citizen, they look a lot like the criminals!!!and even harder to live with..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been fortunate not to be in dangerous places very often, have more than enough assorted crap in my pockets without adding two pounds of usually unnecessary weaponry. I'd just as soon not be seen with a nice/expensive firearm sticking out for public review.
The San Bernardino shooters were lucky to get inside without being robbed of their nice AR-15s.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
quote:
...every thug in the USA will be packing!!
The dangerous ones already are, regardless of any laws against it.

exactly correct!

Posts: 5691 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

So, I'm on the farm where I open carry all the time and I need gas for the tractor. I have to drive 6 miles to a small town of about 2500 in Eastern KY, where they still hang 30-30 or shotgun on the rack in the truck window. I am not very likely to change holster rigs to hide my pistol, just so someone does not see it. I already know 80% of the folks have a gun with in arms reach. Very little crime there too.... criminals are afraid they will get shot. I figure if you want to open carry, it is your choice and you evaluate the risks. I am not in favor of politicians or law enforcement making that decision for me.

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, Texas already allowed open carry. This law now also allows concealed carry without the need for a permit.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Regardless, I keep my license up to date. That way there is little chance that an arresting officer through ignorance can misinterpret the law. This can happen My son was arrested for having a pistol in his truck after the Castle Doctrine was in effect. He was cuffed + in the back seat + finally convinced the cop to call dispatch for verification that he was legal. It worked, so these things can happen.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Regardless, I keep my license up to date. That way there is little chance that an arresting officer through ignorance can misinterpret the law. This can happen My son was arrested for having a pistol in his truck after the Castle Doctrine was in effect. He was cuffed + in the back seat + finally convinced the cop to call dispatch for verification that he was legal. It worked, so these things can happen.
Exactly the point. My guess is there is more than 1 cop out there that does not know the law or just wants to give someone a hard time for his own political reasons.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That part is true. I got pulled over in Austin (VERY LIBERAL) by the local P.D. for a B.S. reason but when I handed over my D.L. + my CCL (as required) the new cop chick went for her piece + saying hands on your head, hands on the wheel, hands in the air, ad nauseum. She must have been new on the job + her sgt. was behind her kinda rolling his eyes. I hope he chewed her ass out later because that could have been a serious situation. Besides, if I have a CCL, then you already know that I have been background checked, etc. It's the unknow that you pull over that you need to be concerned about. I told this story to a friend of mine who is a dispatch officer of the Austin Fire Dept. He told me that it was a good thing that you remained very cool as we are 1st responders, even before EMS, white folks get shot all the time but it never makes the news; especially in your case when you were riding alone. "Dead Men Tell No Tales".