New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Store
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone done business with Armory HOme gun store in San Angelo Texas, they sure have some good deals and hard to find guns??

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41758 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
Better check into it before ordering. A friend ordered primers from a online store. He told me about the great deal he got. I told him it sounded like a scam. He looked up the number and called the company directly. They informed him that they do not have an online option. Took weeks to get his money back from the CC company.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Has anyone done business with Armory HOme gun store in San Angelo Texas, they sure have some good deals and hard to find guns??

Hit up jimatcat here. He lives there and also buys/sells/trades guns on the side.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I was going to say the same thing about carperman1, he lives in Angelo too.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I emailed them back and fourth, as they use zelle, not pay pal, and on and on, said they would take a personal check and then said go to walmart and get pay cards, not only that the guy could barely speak
English..Had two hard to come by pistols one for $650 and the other for $875, both the same gun, when asked he said one was used!!, didn't say that in the add..I backed off, something wasn't right.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41758 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
never heard of them... got a physical address??,, if theyre a fraud we can sic our mutual friend Ben English on them..

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2824 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray, you are correct, something was NOT right. There are way too many scammers out there right now. Wife got stung for $2200.00 a month + a half ago. I told her not to go there but a girlfriend said they were O.K. I haven't figured out yet why they will believe a girlfriend 1st. I have not said I told you so, + don't intend to.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read about scammers in the paper not long ago,

ANYTIME a seller requests you go buy such gift cards

that's PROOF they are scammers.

Good thing you quit that game Ray.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It ain't my first rodeo! rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Me neither but sometimes we can get blindsided. I had a friend email me about 10 years ago that she was in the Philippines + had had her money + pasport stolen + needed money to get home. Well, I've known her for a long time + her daughter is grown + gone + she likes to travel so it sounded legit. But before going to western union I called her home phone in Austin + lo + behold someone had evidently hacked her address's, as I was not the 1st to call her.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
then said go to walmart and get pay cards, not only that the guy could barely speak
English..Had two hard to come by pistols one for $650 and the other for $875, both the same gun, when asked he said one was used!!, didn't say that in the add..I backed off, something wasn't right.

There's your obvious answer: SCAM