Find
Notify
Tools

Good Samaritan in Indiana
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted
I am sure that this is old news by now. However, for those who do not know, here is a good read. I couldn’t be any more proud for this young man. A job well done, IMHO…

https://apple.news/AX3cdwxpeQJa175dDd45eNQ

Posts: 596 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
National Revue has a good article on it as well. I approve of their policy of not giving ANY coverage or name of the perp. but lauds for the hero.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recently saw a report that Dickens shot the active shooter from a distance of 40 yards. He fired 10 rounds and hit the perp 8 times who collapsed and died trying to retreat back to the restroom from which he emerged prior to shooting.

If the report is accurate, it is an impressive and proficient performance by Dickens in a stressful situation. A true super hero.

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 618 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19339 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450 Fuller
posted Hide Post
One of the serious issues facing honest citizens with CCW is speed of attack by felony perpetrators.
As a retired military officer and LEO, I see repeated incidents nation-wide of 223cal and 9mm weapons being used by felons without much aiming.
The emphasis in the inner cities is shoot fast and leave fast.
With FMJ 9mm ammunition being used due to price and availability, over-penetration and victims behind thin walls becomes a real issue.

This young fellow did it right, and lessons should be learned.
It does beg the question of proper police response by paid enforcement officers in the two school shootings in Texas and Florida. The military/police response in many cases is assault the ambush-but not always.

Posts: 353 | Location: Between Alaska and Gulf of Mexico | Registered: 22 December 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of the serious issues facing honest citizens with CCW is speed of attack by felony perpetrators.

One of the problems facing armed citizens in the the ability to remain situational aware.

Know what to look, train your self to be aware.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another issue of Citizens who want to carry isn being able to legally Carry.
I am in NY where the Governor could care less what the SCOTUS says and makes the whole state a sensitive area.
Of course, retired LEO can carry.

Being situationally aware is easy, being able to carry damn near impossible.

Cold Zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
In most of the country one can legally carry.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I am aware of that.
But, how does that help us in a state like NY that does not follow Supreme Court decisions?

Cold Zero

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
CZ, I would like to say, just vote the bums out but since they most likely control the election results that's a moot point. There is too much graft in politics these days (always was but just more transparent now) so they just do what they want. In Texas the gun regs are friendly but a lot of other issues are not. We as a nation are in one helluva tailspin when the law will not respect the law.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you were a Politician, you would not want my vote. Anyone I vote for here loses. Too many people here vote in dem line and don't care what dems do while in office, many don't even know and vote dem anyway. NY is a mess and it has been a very strongly Dem state for well over 20 years, yet people keep voting for them. It has now gotten to the point where when told by SCOTUS that your may issue permitting scheme is unconstitutional they don't care and pass another unconstitutional law. Even the NYS SHeriff's Assoc' says the replacement law is unconstitutional.

Cold Zero

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cold Zero is right. NY State sucks, nothing but corrupt politicians and lawmakers who only pander to the left leaning and do not follow the laws they make for everyone else.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Living in NY is like living behind enemy lines in a Police State. You have no rights and you would not want to be here.
It is not the state that it once was.

Cold Zero