Notify
Tools

Speed and Accuracy
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 450 Fuller
posted
As Bill Jordan stated in his "No Second Place Winner"
thin volume: "Speed is fine but accuracy is final".
Jordan-US Border Patrol- could handle both with his M-19 and M-29 Smiths.
A good 4-in revolver is definitely fast into action and balanced. Evan Marshall with the Detroit PD gave the .357 Magnum cartridge top ratings in stopping power with 4 in revolvers. Now we have the reality of heavily armed multiple assailants-even on the civilian front.

Become familiar with your pistols: learn magazine changing before you are dry-keep extra magazines. A backup 5-shot revolver might save your life
if the primary handgun malfunctions.Be aware of your surroundings: PITA-Paranoia Is Total Awareness.

Posts: 353 | Location: Between Alaska and Gulf of Mexico | Registered: 22 December 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree, the 357 with a 125 gr. plus P plus or a good handload is top of the line and the best one shot killer out there, plus return to battery for follow up shots..

The down side is 6 shots..

A 38 Super may be the best of all autos in a high capacity auto but we have been stuck with the 9mm luger round in some fine pistols and it has performed with honors over the years with the right ammo in HP high velocity rounds..

I carried a Cheifs special, as it beat the hell out of knife or club and was a great off duty gun, but it was weak, I suggest if one is to be used on a bad guy to shoot 4 and save one for yourself!! tu2

My carry gun in DEA in Mexico was a Browning HI power and its popular with the Mex Feds. The 45 is verboten in Mexico btw except for military..I stilll have my Hi Power, its steel not plastic like a matel toy.

Speed and accuracy can go together quite well in fact its a must.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I stilll have my Hi Power, its steel not plastic like a matel toy.

As much as I have like my HI-Powers.

They haven't seen the light of day in a long time.

My Glocks get the work out now. Liter just as tough , just as reliable.

Posts: 19317 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I have two Browning High Powers-one in 40 S&W and one in 9mm. Love both of them.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I (need) another Hi-Power. I sold my last one to Gato with the stipulation that I could buy it back in the following year for the same price. When I met up with his wife + daughter in Georgetown to do the transaction + his daughter got her hands on it; I saw the look in her eye + knew right then I was never gonna see that pistol again. I hope she's enjoying it. tu2

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote