Some people shouldn't have a CCW
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
http://www.freerepublic.com/fo...f-news/3290987/posts

Brazil: Expanded Background Checks, Registration, and Gun Deaths at a 35-Year High
breitbart.com ^ | 5/18/2015 | AWR Hawkins

Posted on ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2015‎ ‎9‎:‎01‎:‎57‎ ‎AM by rktman

Over the last 15 years, Brazil has instituted more and more gun control, including gun registration and criminal and mental background checks for gun ownership. Today they have “restrictive” gun control, and one more thing—a 35-year high for gun deaths in the country.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Actions prove this over and over. Just like the report that Peter jumped all over, they want to isolate only gun related deaths as only relevant but that isn't not correct when they make it a safety issue at the same time. Autos kill more people than all else combined.

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The question shouldn't be whether more or less guns cause more or less killing/violence. The real question is whether more or less guns changes the total amount of killings or violence of all types. I personally dont regard a death by stabbing or being beaten to death as preferable by a death from a gunshot wound. Dead is dead.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I personally dont regard a death by stabbing or being beaten to death as preferable by a death from a gunshot wound. Dead is dead.

And this is the point!

Of course Western Europe has a lower gun murder rate. They have draconian (by my view) gun laws. But they have a high murder, rape and home invasion rate.

And Peter, I will say it! Those that give up liberty for safety deserve neither. ( Actually I stole that, but it is true and correct).

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
some people shouldn't have a drivers license either. Or the ability to reproduce. But, I digress...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
Sh!t, who needs to train or qualify? Just come to Kansas and any idiot can carry any way they like. We don't need to actually KNOW how to use a gun, or which end is the dangerous one. Who cares that you can't hit your target at 2 feet. Nah, not here.

They let anyone have a baby; why not a gun? Big Grin

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
Sh!t, who needs to train or qualify? Just come to Kansas and any idiot can carry any way they like. We don't need to actually KNOW how to use a gun, or which end is the dangerous one. Who cares that you can't hit your target at 2 feet. Nah, not here.

I think I posted here on this issue once before in response to LarryS. Happy to have Constitutional Carry in Kansas. I have served as LEO for 15+ years now, not my day job, and as a KSAG approved CCH instructor since the law passed 5 years ago was it now? We did not train people to shoot. We only gave pass fail on the results. We did help people having problems and they got two chances. However, if one opposes Constitutional Carry in KS and supported the CCH law of Kansas, something is left out of their understanding as a gun person who believes in the right of Self Defense. Not unusual sadly.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
But they (Europe) have a high murder, rape and home invasion rate.

Absolutely false for murder and rape, and there are no statistics for home invasions in Europe.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not unusual, sadly is that people infer a bunch that is or was not said. Most do not even read all posts. Not unusual sadly. Also sadly is the modern notion that gun carry should be limited AT ALL. When someone mentions limiting, or more appropriately training, they ALWAYS jump on "what part of the second amendment do you not understand", which is absolutely stupid. In the past, the first thing that prisoners were returned to them was their guns. Felons or not. Most everyone I talked to about the law says the same thing, carry EXCEPT (felons, mentally ill, domestic abuse) None of which is constitutional. But don't dare mention EXCEPT if you are an idiot and can't handle a gun. That is stupid as well.

To be more precise, I am a punishment and done person. If you have completed your punishment, you are done. Make the punishment more harsh. Shoot a person in commission of a crime gets a bullet to the back of the head. (I know the politicians won't allow that.) Don't have to worry about it the second time.

Sadly I agree with ISS comments above.

Either make exceptions or don't.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote