Find
Notify
Tools

Holster Recommendations
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted
N E one know of a good holster that will work for a CZ 82/83 in a 9X18mm, OR a Makarov 380?

I'm Right handed. New to this whole concealed carry. I would prefer a holster for the low back area. I hear that IWB is a good choice...?

N E recommendations are appreciated. Thnx!!

Posts: 603 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whenever holsters come up, I always recommend milt sparks ( www.miltsparks.com ) . IWB is mostly behind the hip at about 4:00 position. Practice drawing and firining, and especially keeping your finger off the trigger until the sights cover the target.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I agree,Milt Sparks make a great product.You can also look at the line of holsters available on Dillon's Blue Press site or catalouge.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the advice fellas. I'm new to this whole conceal carry thing. I have a makarov CZ 82 model, but finding a holster for it is challenging.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duluth Trading makes a fire hose pant in their Foreman model that has a zipper pocket on the front right. $65 and most comfortable carry for a small automatic that I have found. I have IWB holster but it's not nearly as comfortable.

Posts: 3804 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K. most concerns come from a feeling of inadequacy.Let us turn that around.In my case I am left handed so that gives me an advantage in any car jacking/etc. where the perp comes in the passenger door (you do lock both doors ,right?) If not then go back to square 1.Duluth makes good suspenders,I own some,they do NOT make a garment that allows easy access to your weapon.By all means do your own research;hell;it's your life on the line.o.K. for what its worth + me being left handed. I keep mine on my left hip;only thing easier is a cross draw but then one could still snag you when you were involved mentally in heavy traffic.Of course after Henry Lee Lucas we stopped picking up hitch hikers altogether.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Kramer holsters.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a silly addendum to this;in 73 I was going south on I 35 when I saw3 some folks that looked like right out of the holy land,long robes,staffs,beards,+all. under an underpass. So I pick them up;next underpass there are 2 more;on down the highway.The guy in the seat next to me asks if I have room for 2 more souls,I tell him ,hell ho but there is room for a couple of more asses in the bed of th P.U. truck.They had their folks under every bridge. I picked them all up + then dumped them off at the 290 overpass.Houston you can have them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norman--I could see that Duluth suspenders would probably not be a suitable garment for allowing access to a weapon. I can also see that if the zippered pocket I mentioned was on the left it would not be suitable for a right handed person. Certainly in that pocket, it is not a fast draw situation, neither is a pistol tucked inside your waistband. My inside holster is also intended for a shirt that is tucked in, I'd lose every time in a fast draw situation. I also don't carry with a round in the chamber so working the slide would also slow me down. Even sitting in a car I can get the gun out of that pocket in a reasonable time and the comfort factor makes it my preferred carry. Don't think that would be so if I were a leftie.

Posts: 3804 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted Hide Post
sorry for the delay fellas. been working TONS at work and haven't had the time to get on here in a while. I was finally able to find two IWB holsters for my CZ82 9mm, and my Makarov 380 I have. thanks to you all for help!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
Take a look at Kramer holsters.

+1 on the Kramers. Very well designed and built.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’d avoid Small Of Back carry awkward draw and high risk for injury if you fall.

K Rounds
https://www.krounds.com

Craft Holsters
https://www.craftholsters.com/cz-83-holsters

High Noon Holsters
https://www.highnoonholsters.c...del_multiselect=2833

"If a man can't trust himself to carry a loaded rifle out of camp without risk of shooting somebody, then he has no business ever handling a rifle at all and should take up golf or tennis instead." John Taylor

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

Posts: 336 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 29 March 2010Reply With Quote