New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need IWB holster for S&W Shield
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just got this gun. I need a good IWB for concealed carry in Florida wearing shorts and a T shirt. Any recommendations?
Thanks, Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter, I have a Shield and carry it both OWB and IWB. For IWB, I really like the Remora holsters. www.remoraholsterstore.com

I have both plain for the Shield and one with a removable clip for a Sig p320 Subcompact. They are very comfortable and very convenient to use. I often will slip it out when getting into my vehicle and then discretely slide the holster back IWB before existing the vehicle. You cannot see it under a tee or polo shirt when worn with shorts which I often do in the summer in Illinois.

I recommend getting the sweat guard {the regular one not the full sweat guard} and the plush lining. The beauty about the removable clip version is that it gives you the choice.

With the flush magazine the Shield can fit into the front pocket of most cargo type of shorts. This holster works as a pocket one and thats especially important if your Shield doesn't have a safety like mine.

I have 3 Remora holsters and a few mag carriers. They often run specials throwing in a mag carrier. The are made to order in Naples, FL with very good service and quick turnaround.

Good luck.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much. I will check it out!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. RCG, the website shows a No Clip IWB holster. Is that yours? I guess the holster exterior is made of non slip material?
Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have both the 2 in 1 Clip/No Clip and the No Clip IWB. The exterior is a non slip texturized material that really grabs against your clothing.

I got the removable clip IWB for a Sig P320 Subcompact that is slightly larger and heavier than the Shield. However, most of the time when I carry it I don't use the clip. It stays put just fine. It does give me an option of using the belt if I so desire.

Check out their videos on various holsters. Might give you an idea if they are for you.

Another holster I just came across is www.urbancarryholsters.com Interesting concept. I might investigate them at some point.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I do see the clip/no clip model IWB. I was concerned about retention while pursuing activities other than just walking on flat paved ground. Don't want to have to have a hand on the gun all the time.
Peter

one of us
Picture of BlackHawk1
posted Hide Post
For an inexpensive kydex IWB, try looking at concealmentexpress.com. I have a few of their holsters for various Glocks and really like them. They don and doff easily and conceal well. For quality leather, Milt Sparks Versa-Max II or Criterion gets my nod, albeit pricey, but I don't know if Milt Sparks makes any for S&W Shields.

BH1

There are no flies on 6.5s!

Posts: 707 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanjs BH1. I really like the idea of a custom fitted holster, rather than a "sleeve", however I note that the holster does not have a"sweat shield". Still cogitating!
Peter.

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackHawk1:
For an inexpensive kydex IWB, try looking at concealmentexpress.com.

I may order one of these for my G23 tu2

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FIST IWB Ultra-Thin Kydex No. 1 with FBI forward cant. Light, thin, will last forever.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 14924 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the tuckable IWB holster I got from Theis. Lots of choices on his website TheisHolsters.com

Posts: 100 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA | Registered: 10 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone use Alien Gear IWB holster?

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Greg I ordered one last week...hopefully it shows up this week and I can give a review.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Posted this before but will do so again. Duluth Trading makes a pair of fire hose pants known as their Foreman model. These pants are $65 and have a zippered pocket on the front right. This zippered pocket is under the regular pocket. You can put a small pistol in the zippered pocket, zip it and forget it. While zipped you use the regular pocket as normal. Most comfortable carry I have found. You could cut the legs off and make into shorts if desired.

Posts: 3796 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
I use Alien Gear IWB holster for my XDS...Love it!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
Posted this before but will do so again. Duluth Trading makes a pair of fire hose pants known as their Foreman model. These pants are $65 and have a zippered pocket on the front right. This zippered pocket is under the regular pocket. You can put a small pistol in the zippered pocket, zip it and forget it. While zipped you use the regular pocket as normal. Most comfortable carry I have found. You could cut the legs off and make into shorts if desired.

I would use a pocket holster. I'm more than a little leery of a pistol with out the trigger covered rolling around that close to my noogies.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1607 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Colin, I'm also leery of a chambered pistol without the trigger covered. I carry unchambered and figure I can get it out when it's in a handkerchief and chamber it about as fast as I could get it out of a holster when it was already chambered. Either way if it's a quick draw deal I've been had.

Posts: 3796 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, seeing as I started this thread, I thought I would close the loop and let you know what I decided. I got a leather rather than a Kydex holster, as I thought that retention would be better with leather. The holster is slightly "thicker" than Kydex, I am sure, but I am very happy with my choice, a holster by Outbags. I bought it via Amazon as I recollect. Cost just over $20!

Peter

one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried several different iwb holsters, didn't like any of them. Finely found PJ Holsters for my 938 Sig. Worn at the 4 o'clock position, 30 degree rake. Hides the gun, comfortable, retains good and an easy draw. Showed a pal and his son, they both tried it. The son was wearing a tee shirt and you couldn't tell he was carrying. They immediately ordered two.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter, Looks like a well built IWB holster. Good luck.