Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I owned and or shot them all.

They all worked just fine.

The one I carry most is a early glock 23 why because I can not hurt it any more.

The finish is wore the grips are marked up but it keeps on working.

I own more Gen 3's than others why because I brought them right.

I did change back straps out on my Gen 4 I noticed a little better grip maybe hard to tell.

As I said they all have worked for me.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I have a 17 in Gen 1. Not really too much of a fan, so this one has been shot very little. I'm not really a 9mm guy, but keep this glock and a browning hi-power and extra mags for the purpose of just in case.

Posts: 5697 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I'd sure consider a Gen 5 if Glock shopping. I've had several over the years -- including P. dog's 23, probably my favorite of them -- but find them hard to bond with if you know what I mean.
Currently have a Springfield XD 9 subcom that I am not very wild about, so might be Glock shopping again one day. They are just dead nuts reliable in my experience.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Currently have a Springfield XD 9 subcom that I am not very wild about

My friends XD9 subcompact has one of the worse triggers I felt on a handgun.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
Gen 3's have been my favorite, however gen 5 19 and 17 are becoming my favorite. My everyday carry is the G19

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 3 gen 5 19s and they are my every day carry. One with RMR, one with fiber optics and one with night sights. Did not do it that way on purpose, just worked out that way. I am working towards carrying the RMR every day. Once you learn the sight, it is more accurate than any iron. It took about a week and 500 rounds to retrain my brain to look at the target only and the dot will appear. I also have a gen 3 30s that is my most accurate gun with fiber optics. It used to be carried daily until I got on a 19 RMR kick.

Posts: 58 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting explanation of Gens 3 - 5 from Guns... My feeble old mind recalls things a bit different....

But, as posted above, they all work. My personal favorites are the Gen 2 G23 (rounds on target all day everyday) or any Glock in 357Sig (Glock makes a better 357Sig than that other popular european brand).

JMHO
YMMV

Wink

John
Retired husband & grandpa

"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

Posts: 87 | Location: On permanent vacation in the South West  | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve owned a lot of Glocks over the years. Never again. I don’t want to overpay for a polymer frame pistol and then have to have a $75-$100 for a trigger job, which all Glocks require. JMO

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdstewart:
I’ve owned a lot of Glocks over the years. Never again. I don’t want to overpay for a polymer frame pistol and then have to have a $75-$100 for a trigger job, which all Glocks require. JMO

Slow learner... Smiler

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I own several Glocks. If I had to pick one for serious social work it would be my Glock 17 L. I bought it before there were "generations" of Glocks!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xgrunt:
quote:

Slow learner... Smiler

I don’t have any idea what you mean by slow learner. Glocks are notorious for lousy triggers. Put a Walther. PPQ M2 in your hand, and you’ll never own another Glock. And I think I have the experience and marksmanship to support that statement.

Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by xgrunt:
quote:

Slow learner... Smiler

I don’t have any idea what you mean by slow learner. Glocks are notorious for lousy triggers. Put a Walther. PPQ M2 in your hand, and you’ll never own another Glock. And I think I have the experience and marksmanship to support that statement.

And I don’t always agree with him, but Hickok45 has stated if he had to shoot competitive he would probably choose the Walther PPQ over a Glock. I’ve shot thousands of round through the PPQ. Never a malfunction, the best trigger out of the box on the market, superb night sights, and deadly accurate.

Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
And Too Many More

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I am obviously out of my depth in this discussion, but, back in the day, it was SOP to buy a Glock and replace the trigger connector with a 3 1/2 pound connector. Now, for competition, it seems to me there are plenty of guns available with a Glock type trigger, and many of them have a very good reset. My Canik TP9SFX is a pretty good gun, although I have only shot it a few times.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Im not interested in a metel toy of a gun..but then Im old, and like the Browning Hi Power or the 1911!! old

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I carry a Gen3 G19 and never saw a need to change it

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote