New
Find
Notify
Tools

Central Florida Police Shooting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glad the criminal is dead.

Yep. tu2

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
X 2!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When bullets start flying no one is safe and strange things happen.

I was wondering what the one deputy was shooting at as the BG came around the back of the cruiser.

He seems to be firing at nothing or maybe the guy that ran away.

The fact that the BG had 43 arrest 17 of them felony's makes one wonder why he was out on the streets.

Posts: 19353 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
You have trouble seeing P Dog? I saw the perp going around the driver's side of the cruiser. Wondered when he was going to try to make the kill. But Be Well, Packy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That is what I am saying the perp was around the cruiser while the one deputy was still firing forward.

No trouble seeing what so ever.

Posts: 19353 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw several tactical errors made by the Officers. If one officer was alone, good chance he would be dead.
Glad for the outcome, but yet another example of some people should not be free and roaming in public.

Cold Zero

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
There's ALWAYS going to be tactical errors when shots are going in both directions. Bad guy is dead and the cops survived.

The misconception is that all LEO's are highly trained in such shooting skills. Nope! My observation based on 43 years worth is maybe 1 in 3 is 'good', 1 in 5 very good, and 1 in 10 really good. Tops

There are only X number of training dollars/time, and shooting is way down on the list compared to lawsuit avoidance, ethnic awareness, community awareness, report writing, law updates, etc.

P.S. And like P-Dog said, I have no idea who the officer was shooting at when the bad guy rounded the rear of the patrol vehicle and started banging on his head. Don't know, but I wasn't there.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The fact that the BG had 43 arrest 17 of them felony's makes one wonder why he was out on the streets.

Unbelievable isn't it?

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spent 34 years as a LEO. Saw a lot. Experienced a lot more. Training is the best thing BUT training can never cover all the situations faced by LEOs on a Dailey basis. Things change constantly and even the most alert officers must sometimes struggle to keep up with a rapidly evolving situation. Many times it just goes back to your training, your instincts and reactions…. No matter what happens or how well you react the arm chair quarterbacks will chime in on what you should have done. If you are alive at the end of the day you did it right ! All else is secondary.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
https://nypost.com/2021/09/10/..._campaign=SocialFlow

Glad the criminal is dead.

Just another innocent Black man. where's the outrage. Big Grin

Grizz

Mike

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1585 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote