New
Find
Notify
Tools

IWB holster question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Probably an oxymoronic question but is anyone aware of an IWB holster with some sort of retention other than just the squeeze of the holster? Again, pretty contrary but thought I'd ask.

Posts: 89 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 07 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I make custom kydex holsters in my gun store. The retention can be adjusted on the ejection port or on the trigger guard for as tight or a loose as the customer wants.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, would you post the website for your store pls?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
kimovista.com or kimovista.net

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19296 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a leather iwb ( don't remember the maker but I can look) with a top thumb snap for my S&W MP compact. I found that adding that to an iwb was a real pain for fast access. I ended up removing it. Maybe for a full size gun it wouldn't be so bad?
C.G.B.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have found that friction and gravity retention devices tend to fail when you need them the most.

Posts: 19296 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are a number of such contraptions out there that hold a gun securely, I always laughed at the inside the belt or waste band that came out with the gun when you drew the weapon! BEWARE OF GIMMICKS AND DON'T DRANK THE KOOLAIDE..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41730 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right Ray! basic is better.

posted Hide Post
seems like there are lots of folks making custom kydex and the like holsters w adjustable retention-usually a few guys in everyone's area that makes them these days-i'd ask around at local ranges, pawnshops etc to find a good choice