New
Find
Notify
Tools

Insurance
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My local sportsman’s club has a program it is offering to members by the USCCA (United States Concealed Carry Association). It is to legally and financially protect you in the event you are forced to use your gun in self defense. There are three programs offered that range from $300 to $500 annually. Apparently various training information is provided on line plus a magazine.
I know the NRA offers something similar. I don’t have it but wondered if it is something I should get. Opinions?

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I'm not familiar with USCCA but I am with the NRA's,I think it is safe guard.I don't have it but have thought about it.In the event that you ever had to use you weapon for self defense,the results would most likely bankrupt you.Sad but true.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew Branca of Law of Self Defense just released a DVD that talks about the various "insurance" programs for CHL holders but I can't find the link right now.

You want a program that gives you the money up front for your defense, and not one that re-imburses you after you "win" the case. Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.

I have my "policy" with the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. Apparently, the USCCA options is also a good one from what I hear.

Choose wisely.

Posts: 277 | Location: Murphy, TX | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have my "policy" with the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

After looking at a lot of them I brought a 10 year membership them also.

Posts: 19353 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have USCCA at the present time. I have had Second Call and the NRA program. The ones that pay as you go vs the ones that pay if you win are the best. It would be difficult for me to pay lawyers up front.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, can someone please tell me when a CWP holder was sued in civil court? If the insurance is for criminal proceedings then good luck, as the Drejka shooting shows. As I recollect most on this forum said it was NOT justifiable!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:I have my "policy" with the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

They pay money up front to help cover your lawyer fees.

Then if needed they well help with the civil suit.

Posts: 19353 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote