Find
Notify
Tools

Tactical shotgun conversion question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
I want to convert a Browning BPS I have into a tactical shotgun.

Are there conversion stocks and magazine extension tubes available for the BPS?

If so...could someone please point me in the right direction?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brownells would be the first place I would look

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also here. http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=7
I built an 11-87 with parts from Brownells.

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane,

I don't think you could make a better choice for a more solid shotgun. Let me know if you find someone who makes tactical stocks, mag extensions, etc. I've got a couple of old BPS hunting guns that are no longer used, including a 20 gauge youth model that was a lousy kids gun, but would be a hell of a home protection shotgun.

Posts: 10003 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Dr. Easter,

I don't know what's out there for the BPS. However, I think you can get an 870 for not too much. The BPS is a fine gun. Let it be and an 870 will do the job with many options.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Well...I have a 12 gauge 3.5" chamber BPS. I bought it years ago when I was a fledgling vet and lived in Katy, TX to hunt snow geese with on the Katy Prairie when Steel Shot was all that you could get.

I have tried to sell it a few times on Gunbroker and it won't bring enough to fool with. Been putting back some stuff for the apocalypse (Wink)...thought I would just convert it into fighting/protection gun.

But...I am learning not too much stuff out there for them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just went out and bought a Remington 870 tactical with rail extended mag and ghost ring site.

Was the easiest way to get what I wanted.

http://www.remington.com/produ...xpress-tactical.aspx

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't go wrong with the Mossberg's, like the Browning they have a Tang Safety which will be easier to transition to.
Find one used and only Katy barring the door will keep you from finding what you need.

Posts: 1610 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote