Notify
Tools

521 guns stolen from unlocked cars
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
in 2017 in Jacksonville Florida!
Simply amazing!
BTW this number is almost certainly higher as no one HAS to report a gun stolen from their vehicle.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The insurance companies can give you how many cars that were stolen were unlocked /Also how many cars had keys in the ignition when stolen .
Give it away !!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saves the owner from replacing a window.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well it was a wake up call for me. I ALWAYS lock my cars. In fact I go out before I go to bed and make sure the cars are locked. However, now I ALWAYS remove any firearms I may have in the vehicle. A couple of the vehicles belonged to police officers, they were unlocked, and handguns, rifles, as well as "bullet proof" vests were stolen! Guess the police departments don't want to pay for broken windows!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
How big was the car :-)

Posts: 6380 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
A teen (they caught him later) stole two pistols and an AR15 out of the unlocked car of a local sheriff deputy in my neighborhood this year. They recovered the rifle and then caught a guy during a murder investigation with one of the handguns.

I lock my truck in my driveway every time that I get out and I don't leave any guns in it.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't leave any guns in it

Smart idea.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote