New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was out shooting with my hunting partner getting some practice in for our November deer hunt.

After we were done shooting the rifles.

He brought out his new never shot P365.

First impressions when after he handed it to me.

Nice feel, very nice night sights.

Shot to point of aim, easy to bring on target, a very nice trigger pull.

We shot a box of 115gr FMj's through it with out any problems.

At 10 yards kind of slow fire I shot a 1.5 inch group off hand.

The fact that they put 10 rounds in such a small package is a bonus.

I could see myself owning one if looking for a small compact handgun.

But I stopped carrying small handguns, The smallest I carry is a Glock 23.

Posts: 19305 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Look at your Glock against the 365 with it's 12 round mag. It's not so small and you gonna like more grip.Best

Posts: 265 | Location: Tampa | Registered: 01 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well my 40cal Glock 23 is a 13 round mag and the 9mm 365 had 10 round mags no 12 round mags available when I shot it.

A 9mm glock 19 same size as my 23 has a 15 round mag.

The 365 with 10 or 12 rounds is a potent package but I prefer a bigger handgun.

It is not all about grip the longer sight radius and barrel length comes into play also.

Having smaller hands a 19 with a 6 inch barrel and side would be very interesting.

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
It is lighter weight than the M&P 9mm Shield, by about 2 oz. compared to the original Shield. It is noticeably smaller overall than the Shield. It has a higher magazine capacity (ten 9mm rounds) by 3 rounds with the flush magazine than the standard, flush Shield magazine (7 rounds). The grip is shorter longitudinally (front to back) than the Shield and feels better in my hand. The recoil spring has a noticeably smaller spring constant than the Shield and hence is much easier to rack the slide, for me. It's why I'll buy another.

The trigger started out pretty rough, quite the surprise after all the glowing reviews of the trigger quality. But it has gotten smoother. The trigger profile is terrible, sloping forward at the lowest part. This forces the finger to be pushed upward when releasing or resetting the trigger. As there is a large cutout in the frame ahead of the trigger, the top of my finger gets caught in the cutout. The cutout seems to serve no purpose and I've taped over the gaping hole to prevent my finger from being chewed upon. The circular segment profile of the Shield is much better and one's finger doesn't move up or down. The bottom tip of the P365 trigger also tends to dig into my finger, because the trigger guard is unnecessarily small.

If Sig had put non-tritium sights on the pistol the cost could have been in line with Shield. I would have rather installed my preferred night sights myself.

If one bought the +1 kit from mag guts ($23 + postage + taxes) the Shield flush magazine would have an 8 round capacity compared to the 10 round capacity of the P365 flush magazine. Worth 2 more rounds in a pistol whose height that is 0.25+ inches shorter than the Shield, with the flush magazines? Maybe! The 12 round magazine is a bonus for sure. It you can't kill 'em with 11 shots, you get 2 more tries. Smiler

I like the P365.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19293 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Having shot the sig365, S@W shield, and the Glock 43.

I wouldn't be bothered by carrying any of them.

They all work.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I was looking at the P365 recently. I didn't care for that forward sweeping trigger either.
I guess I am just so used to the safety systems on a 1911 that I prefer at least something besides not pulling the trigger. At least the Shield comes with a thumb safety option in addition to the safe trigger -- and the XDs with trigger and grip safety.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16287 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've switched to the P365 for my daily carry from the 43.

12 +1 in the pistol

and 12 in the spare mag.

ya!

Sig on Top
G43 with Pierce Grip Extension Bottom

Sig in front

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Have to go to El Paso tomorrow and will see if I can't find one to handle.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16287 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
The owner's manual has a picture of the thumb side safety, so it must be an option sometime in the future I suppose.

The 10 rd. mag. hides well for AIWB. But ....

The safety would be a good option for AIWB. I wouldn't be so nervous!!

Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Gosh, it’s ugly to me. I pop the G43 on at times and think it’s hideous.

It just doesn’t look “SIG” to me. It’s almost like when Colt tried the M2000 in the mid 1990s or so.

However, I guess no one should see your concealed carry weapon just like a woman on the side...as long as it works and pleases you!

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3427 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
And the P365 is a powder puff to shoot. Simplifying recoil to muzzle velocity, energy, and weight, the P365 is softer shooting than the Ruger LCP 2.

These guys on youtube that say a P365 is "snappy" have never shot a 458 Lott!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just brought one home today, plan to be on the range with it Tuesday. The price was so good I couldn't resist. But it feels so much nicer than my 43, and with the 12 round extended mag it fits my hand very nicely.

The mags are a major issue however in that they are virtually impossible to load beyond about 50%. I have 2 tens and 1 12 rder. The springs are really, really stiff. I've stripped all the mags, cleaned em up and even polished the inside of them in order to help eliminate any bind, but they remain very difficult to load by hand. Thank goodness for mag loaders.

The owner's manual looks like a generic document that covers multiple models, some of which have safeties and some of which do not.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I will have to check one out now. Too many guys with good pistol experience have said good things.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3427 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the Sig 938 as a back up for 1911's in 45. It is a tad smaller than the 365 and points much like a 1911. It too is quite accurate with it's night sights.

DRSS
NRA Life Member
VDD-GNA

Posts: 326 | Location: Cheyenne area WY USA | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
R/e Sig Sauer. A buddy of mines son just bought their .22 model for his wife as she really liked her 9mm. That pistol did EVERYTHING wrong from not feeding to stovepiping to just not functioning at all.He took it back to the dealer that he bought it from the same day + the dealer said lets contact Sig. Seems Si's reply was that that was a model that they had farmed out so did not feel that they were responsible for any warranty work.Sig said that he could mail it to Germany to this other mfg. + see if anything could be done. RIGHT! send a pistol to Germany;a sure sign to never see it again. I find this to be very bad form on Sig's P.R. front.My friend is letting everyone know + asking to boycott them until they can operate fairly.This was only told to me but he's never lied to me before.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Having shot the sig365, S@W shield, and the Glock 43.

I wouldn't be bothered by carrying any of them.

They all work.

I am anxious to shoot a 43X. 10 round factory mags and a longer grip that should be fine for my rather larger hands. I would suspect there will be 12 round mags for it soon that will not be much if any longer.

I carry a 19x and it conceals very well with jeans and a polo shirt untucked, however sometimes I would prefer a smaller/lighter pistol.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I carry a 19x and it conceals very well with jeans and a polo shirt untucked, however sometimes I would prefer a smaller/lighter pistol

It is nice to have so many choices.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Well my 40cal Glock 23 is a 13 round mag and the 9mm 365 had 10 round mags no 12 round mags available when I shot it.

A 9mm glock 19 same size as my 23 has a 15 round mag.

The 365 with 10 or 12 rounds is a potent package but I prefer a bigger handgun.

It is not all about grip the longer sight radius and barrel length comes into play also.

Having smaller hands a 19 with a 6 inch barrel and side would be very interesting.

PD, my findings are exactly like yours. I liked the 365 but compared to my G19 I found it to be snappy to fire....harder to control and get back on target

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As most of you know; it’s all about trigger for me. I daily carry either a Walther PPS or a Walther PPQ. For hunting I carry the Tanfoglio 10 mm which is awesome. The Trigger is the main thing.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote