Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 42 - Finally found a carry gun I like
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I dont like handguns.

I have bought a lot of handguns so I have a carry gun and universally disliked carrying them.

Kimber Super Carry Pro
HK P30
HK VP9
SIG 238

I finally played around enough with a glock 42 to buy one.

I know its only 380.

I just felt is carried much better than a glock 43.

I personally don't like glocks.

But I think I will finally be armed most of the time.

I can carry it in my pocket and it is nearly the same size as my iphone 7 plus.

Any one have any after market stuff I should look at or any pocket holster recommendations.

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Mike,I understand. We have had in the past the same problems here in Texas as it is just too hot to carry concealed.I don't like Glocks either;the purist in my soul goes for the 1911.But you must admit,if it works,go for it.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
In regards to your last question;check out Dillon's Blue Press site.They have a good bit of holsters as well as everything else.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just be careful when removing it from pocket. I, personally, don't put any value at all on your dick, but I would think that bullet holes in that area would ruin your hopes for a sex life. Smiler Eeker Big Grin

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Mike, I, too favor the 1911, and I, too, rarely carry concealed because it is such a pain. I am 5'9" and 159, and find it hard to comfortably hide anything approaching full size. So the .380s do have their place in the sun.
Agree with Charlie's warning as well, as ADs with Glocks are not unknown.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16336 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For my G43, I went with an IWB holster instead. I just can't seem to like the pocket holsters. I bought a tuckable IWB from Kaw Valley Holsters. He does great work and still makes them one at a time. It just plain fits.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a pocket holster on clearance at Academy - $20.

http://www.desantisholster.com...MEAQYESABEgI87PD_BwE

Perfect way for me to carry.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike, I, too favor the 1911, and I, too, rarely carry concealed because it is such a pain.

Yes open carry is so much more convenient.

Posts: 19340 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Just be careful when removing it from pocket. I, personally, don't put any value at all on your dick, but I would think that bullet holes in that area would ruin your hopes for a sex life. Smiler Eeker Big Grin

I have actually started carrying the glock 42 far more than expected. This guns carry's perfectly in the pocket.

I also realized that 1-2 times a day I remove the glock from my pocket and put it in my truck center console.

I am currently carrying it without a round in the chamber.

I know I will get criticism for having a dead weight in my pocket.

But I rather carry a dead weight than carry nothing. I also have a holster that fully covers the trigger.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

There are many many pages written about this if you carry one semi auto with out one in the chamber carry all of them with out one.

It is all about training, muscle memory. If you are not doing it all the time with all your semi autos.

I well guarantee that you well forget to chamber one when you need it the most.

I have seen dozens of times that when the pressure is on people draw go click then remember to chamber.

All the time all your semi autos or chambered all the time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

There are many many pages written about this if you carry one semi auto with out one in the chamber carry all of them with out one.

It is all about training, muscle memory. If you are not doing it all the time with all your semi autos.

I well guarantee that you well forget to chamber one when you need it the most.

I have seen dozens of times that when the pressure is on people draw go click then remember to chamber.

All the time all your semi autos or chambered all the time.

Wise words.

I just ordered a glock safety device

http://clipdraw.com/trigger-safety-for-glocks/

This will be easier to use that racking a round in a emergency and still provide some additional user error protection.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't recommend it but it's your money.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
All this CCW talk prompted me to order a Smith & Wesson Shield in .45 ACP off of Gunbroker. Be here this coming week. I handled it and the Springfield XDS and preferred the Shield trigger, ergonomics and made -in-USA bona fides.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16336 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's a transition device - I want to mAke when I take the pistol holster in and out of my pocket I don't ever pull out a unholstered gun unintentionally.

This is a safety device for that.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
All this CCW talk prompted me to order a Smith & Wesson Shield in .45 ACP off of Gunbroker. Be here this coming week. I handled it and the Springfield XDS and preferred the Shield trigger, ergonomics and made -in-USA bona fides.

+1

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Of the two I like the S@W triggers better. I have shot both

The only XD I own is a XD 5.25 in 45acp. and it has a nice trigger but then it is considered a competition pistol.

The .45acp can lacking in Velocity out of full size pistols in a lot of loadings.

For the sub compacts be care full and pick the loading that well give you the best performance in the short barrels.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

It's a transition device - I want to mAke when I take the pistol holster in and out of my pocket I don't ever pull out a unholstered gun unintentionally.

Mike

I don't understand what you are trying to say here. How would a behind the trigger device stop you from pulling out the pistol with the holster or with out the holster.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
P Dog, I will likely go with Hornady Critical Defense in the Shield.

– John Green, author

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
P Dog, I will likely go with Hornady Critical Defense in the Shield.

There are a lot of Youtube testing videos on it in the various weights.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

I don't understand what you are trying to say here. How would a behind the trigger device stop you from pulling out the pistol with the holster or with out the holster.

It's does not.

What is does is add a layer of security which allow me over the next 3-6 months to see if I ever mistaken pull the gun out. If I don't I will get rid of it.

I am carry a glock cause I don't want to deal with a non trigger safety or having to rack a round in.

Since I am now carry nearly all the time I have my pants on (something with a pocket) - I just want to make sure I transition the gun in and out of the pocket safely 1-3 times a day.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]I just ordered a glock safety device

http://clipdraw.com/trigger-safety-for-glocks/

There is also a replacement slide cover plate that allows a person to apply forward pressure to the trigger mechanism and prevent trigger movement in case it hangs on something during holstering or puttin' it back in your pants. I don't have one yet, but will be getting a couple of them. Can't remember the name of the device but I'll try and get it on here soon.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2737 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Trigger guard is IMHO better if anyone needs anything like this . . .

Posts: 2071 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jiri:
Trigger guard is IMHO better if anyone needs anything like this . . .

I like this

The I would buy that if it fitted my holster. The key feature of the holster for me is to break the imprint of gun in the pocket.

The glock 42 is near the same size as my iPhone 7 plus. Why I think it is so easy to carry.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I, personally, don't put any value at all on your dick,

Charlie, that's exactly what the women Mike dates say! :-)

Posts: 20082 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote