Find
Notify
Tools

Texas.....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
quote:
“It’s the state of Texas, if you’re going to go into someone’s home, you’re going to get shot. That’s really how we are. That’s just Texas.”
—Cathy Hanks, of Harris County, to KHOU. Hanks is the neighbor of a sixty-year-old grandmother who fatally shot two suspected burglars on Monday after they entered her home through an open garage door.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
more....not taking any responsibility for contadictions in stories......

quote:
One man is dead after a 60-year-old Texas woman gave two home invaders a good old Texas welcome for breaking into her home, WTSP reports.

According to Harris County Sheriff’s Office, the 60-year-old woman told deputies two armed men entered her home through the opened garage door around 11:30 a.m.

Well, the thing these two suspects failed to realize is in Texas, if you break into someone’s home, you can pretty much plan on getting into a pretty good gun fight.

The woman, in defense of her home and her life, grabbed her own handgun and fearlessly confronted the two armed individuals. She fired several shots at them as they rushed out the door, and one man collapsed and died right on her front yard. The other suspect fled the scene and it is unknown whether he was injured or not.

“It’s the state of Texas, if you’re going to go into someone’s home, you’re going to get shot,” a neighbor said according to WTSP. “That’s really how we are. That’s just Texas.”

The woman was not injured.

However, if she hadn’t had a firearm in her home, well you probably don’t even need to ask how this situation would have turned out . . . thanks Second Amendment!

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done her.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine in the late 70's was an engineer for SOPAC in Houston.One of the hands knew he was gun versed so he asked him what would be a good home defense weapon. Doug told him,12G. pump.A few mornings after he shows up at work + is informed by other workers that Bobby is pissed with you cause you told him wrong.So Doug runs
bobby down + asks him what the problem is.He says,man you done told me wrong. Last night I heard 2 guys in my trailer house so I creeps out with that 870 + just jacks the slide;+ they did'nt go out the door or window;they took out the whole side of my trailer getting away. Personal note: there is nothing like the sound of a pump gun + guess what;just like cats,it is the same in any language.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I was visiting with a police officer that I knew where I live (San Antonio, Texas). The subject of a shotgun made by Mossberg called the "Home Defender" came up. The shotgun is a 410 pump with a built in laser sight and is, like all Mossberg pumps, noisy when you work the action. He told me that the cops he knew hated that gun because when they had been called to a home invasion call and the homeowner had one the perp almost always crapped their pants when they heard the "clack-clack" of the action and saw the laser sight on their body. Then the cops had to haul the perp in to headquarters stinking up their patrol car.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 482 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
As Bill Jordan said in the opening of his book "No Second Place Winner".In all my years in law enforcement the one question I never figured out;what scares a man more,the chink chunk of a pump or the click click of a side by side.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote