Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted
Recently picked up a P365 and absolutely love it. Came with 2 10 round magazines and small enough to fit in your pocket. Shot 124 grain +P without failure and shot to the sights. Great little 9mm

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19349 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Sig makes a great pistol. I wanted a 230 in 45 ACP bought it + sold it a month later. Although I am of German descent,I am left handed + there are NO left handed Germans;I know,when I was a kid I had to sit on my left hand so I could not eat with it.This was in Germany. The Sig is a totally right handed pistol,albeit superior to most. That's why I carry a 1911. But really,congrats on your new purchase.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post

With 11 rounds on board.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
I love mine, 11 rounds in such a small package, excellent trigger, great night sights and very accurate.

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
I received a email from Sig Sauer this morning introducing a new 15 round magazine for the P365, extends about a 1/2" past the 12 round magazine.

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
Not a bad little rig. I carry one as my "church pistol" on Sundays.

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 602 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am going to buy the 365xl when it is available in a few months.

15+ rounds in a sub compact is perfect.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also picked up a Sig 365 and it has become my everyday concealed carry. I carry mine with the 12 round magazine. This pistol is amazingly accurate and the sights are first class.

Posts: 223 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
It is a beautiful well designed piece + were I right handed I would buy one myself.There are no left handed Germans (except me,but I'm American 1st).That + for other reasons is why I carry the 1911 A1;nothing to remember.The Sig has recessed levers that don't work for a lefty but the 1911 is easy to get used to in a LH mode.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I drank the Kool-Aid. Traded a Springfield XDM Subcompact 9 and a Henry AR-7 ... should have that little baby early next week.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16347 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Good luck with it Bill. A friend has been shooting and carrying it and says it is great. He's been there done that and I trust his opinion explicitly. I still would carry the HiPower but it is not nearly as concealable. Will have to consider it one day. Be Well. Packy

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Well, I picked mine up today and it really is compact. Nearly a miracle that it holds 10 + 1.
Put a few rounds through it to make sure it went bang, and it is surprisingly controllable. I'll need a lot more range time with it of course.
One thing I will say is, dang, that's a stout magazine spring! I had a job of it getting 10 rounds in. Even tried the Caldwell magazine loader and it was only good for two. Have both mags loaded and hope the spring tension will mellow out in time.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16347 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think that worked on some of my new magazines in the past. Kept them loaded and later it took a detectable amount of less pressure to get the last rounds in. I remember now, it was the 50 GI magazines for the G 21. They really seem to be crammed in. Be Well. Packy

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Maybe it was something I heard in the old days, but I never load a magazine to full capacity if it will be stowed for a long period of time. I wonder if LEOs feel the same. Pdog did post that magazine maintenance is crucial.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fondled a P365(0) in the LGS.

The form factor is nice (10+1 in small package), but I thought the trigger was awful. The pull turned me off enough I forgot to play with the reset.

Relative to the Glock 26, I think the SIG P365 is a better-proportioned, less brick-like. The Glock trigger, while not good, is better than the P365.

I hope all who buy one enjoy them and find them reliable, but I think I'll pass. FTR, I like other SIG products: P238, P938, several others.

(0) I have a Kel-Tec P40 in .40S&W that is 6oz lighter for 9+1 capacity. KT still builds(1) the P-11 in 9mm for 10+1 capacity, also 6+oz lighter. Would have been nice to see less mass in the P365.

(1) Well I'll be dipped in apple butter. KT dropped the P-11. Still plenty out there, to include the PF-9.(2)

(2) That was a foot note to a foot note. Is that then a "Toe Note?" And would this one be a "Nail Note?"

Regards,

roo_ster

"We live in an unreasonable age, ruled by ridiculous people."
----Zman

Posts: 61 | Location: Texas | Registered: 12 June 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMO, magazine maintenance is, indeed, a critical element of making sure your kit is good to go. When I was working, I had any where from 6 to 10 mags for each gun I carried. I stored them empty, loading them only when I needed them. The ones I kept in the gun(s) were routinely rotated out for freshly loaded and cleaned mags. Moreover, I NEVER relied on a mag loaded by someone else. I ALWAYS loaded and cared for my own.

I did this with long guns as well, including AR platforms and the MP5. As far as tubular mag-fed shotguns, I had two, and rotated them regularly, keeping the mag on the unused gun empty.

This approach was drilled into me at a very early stage in my life, and one I still abide by today.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I have been playing with mine and comparing it against my favorite S&W 3954 bear killer, a Sig 290RS, Firestar Plus and two Kahr's and have come to appreciate each of them but I have to admit that the 365 is the easiest to shoot accurately.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4191 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a Sig 320 subcompact and now wonder how it compares to the 365. The 320 also is a high capacity 9mm, which adds to its heft on my belt.

I’m more prone to carry it than my 45 Kimber, which I can shoot much more accurately.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 940 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I gave up carrying small pistols many years ago the smallest I carry now is my Glock 23.

In most states the need for one to absolutely hide ones firearm is no longer necessary.

99 percent of the people never notice a openly carried handgun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This pistol has quickly become my favorite in this class. Only a thousand rounds through it but it has been totally reliable and this includes some fast as you can pull the trigger drills. The sights are very quick and readable. The accuracy for me has been the big surprise. Of course it does have a little bite to it after 100 rounds or so. So, yes I've been very impressed with it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you open carry the other guy knows what you have and can set you up. I'd rather let them think my smile makes me easy pickins. Let 'em get in close. Maybe they are instead on the fence about carrying and you startle them when they realize you're carrying and set them against firearms. You just created another enemy and don't we have enough of them in the Commies, er Democrats already??? Think or swim and Be Well, Packy

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by packrattusnongratus:
If you open carry the other guy knows what you have and can set you up. I'd rather let them think my smile makes me easy pickins. Let 'em get in close. Maybe they are instead on the fence about carrying and you startle them when they realize you're carrying and set them against firearms. You just created another enemy and don't we have enough of them in the Commies, er Democrats already??? Think or swim and Be Well, Packy

99% of interactions I have had has been positive.

Conversations insure and information given out.

If you know where open carriers were targeted please post them.

Just like filing your front sight of you bear defensive handgun. it is a non starter.

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased 2 1t found magazines for my 365 that is s huge amount of fire power in a small package. I find the 365 very easy to control and very accurate.
Love mine

- Winston Churchill

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Has anyone compared to 365 to the Springfield Hellcat? I like the sight options on the Hellcat. Cheaper and an extra round!
https://www.springfield-armory.com/hellcat-features/

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I carry a G19 exclusively but my son has a 365 and he loves it. Great little gun, snappier than my Glock but I like it

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote