New
Find
Notify
Tools

Govenor DeWine signs CC bill
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Today, Governor Mike DeWine signed Senate Bill 215 into law. This makes Ohio the 23rd constitutional carry state, and the second to join that group in 2022

dancing

Posts: 19313 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats great.

IF we could cull some of these libs from CAL

that have moved to CO to fuck up our fine state

and get this queer gov booted out CO might

get it done someday too.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
George, at least the impetus is there. Look where we were 40 years ago. I remember spending the night in jail because I had a handgun in the car returning from a shooting match. Perfectly legal but makes no difference if the cop doesn't know the law. This will clarify things.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy forty years ago there wasn't any
need to carry concealed. We've always been
legal to wear open upo here in CO.

Back in 1961-2 or so when I was still a teen.
Wore my revolver down town. Headed to a hardware
store with a range in the basement. A beat cop stopped me on the sidewalk. Asking if my gun was loaded. "sure, can't shoot anyone if it wasn't". You plan on shooting someone? "No sir". Where you going with it on? "to Browns range". Have fun. No ID asked for.

We didn't see many wearing them. Lots more are now and a whole lot more we can't see are.

3-4 years ago when I renewed the lady said there was well over 22,000 CCW permits in Pueblo County and she was issuing or renewing over 1500 a month. Mine is coming up again next year.

Tex and I had been out shooting much of the day.
On the way home had a flat tire. Saw a street light and stopped under it to change to the spare. I guess folks called the cops as two cars drove up wanting to know what us teens were doing at 2am. Back seat full of guns in the open and I had a .22 revolver on.
"just changing a flat tire in the light where we can see what we're doing"
What's the guns for? We've been out in the boonies shooting all day." "we got a call about suspicious persons"

They sat in their cars til we drove off. I don't recall if they even asked for ID or not. I kept busy working and Tex was helping. Think I was either 16 or 17 and he was 17 or 18.

Things sure have changed. Enough so I'm glad my trail is getting short. Sure would hate to be young just getting started in life facing the shit that's coming.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Things sure have changed. Enough so I'm glad my trail is getting short. Sure would hate to be young just getting started in life facing the shit that's coming.

Most old people say that.

Been said for many generations

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes they do. The past is another country; they do things differently there.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:

I like the country I grew up in 50s, 60s, and early 70's.

Where a nine year old could grab a rifle and head out the door and start hunting without any body blinking.

Shot my first ruff grouse at nine with a 20ga 870. Flushed by my lab Smokey

Before that many critters with a 22rf.

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:

I like the country I grew up in 50s, 60s, and early 70's.

Where a nine year old could grab a rifle and head out the door and start hunting without any body blinking.

Shot my first ruff grouse at nine with a 20ga 870. Flushed by my lab Smokey

Before that many critters with a 22rf.

I hung a shotgun or 30-30 on the gunrack in the back window of the pickup in High School. They stayed there all day when I was in class. I was generally tending livestock or hunting after school and wanted them handy. You absolutely could not do that today.

Posts: 5691 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not only in schools anymore but just about anywhere as you would risk getting it stolen. Back in the day we could leave a rifle in the rack + the truck unlocked + still never worry about thieves.