New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber Micro Carry
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody use one of these? I want to replace my Ruger LCP with something better that is equally concealable.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had several people in my gun store wanting to trade the Kimber Micro in on something better. The same old Kimber quality control issues I would think. One woman said she has sent the pistol back to Kimber twice. Not fixed yet. There are better guns out there than Kimber.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's unfortunate. For the price it ought to work. I like the idea of a mini almost 1911. Anything else out there about that size that is not dao?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out the SIG 238 or the Colt Mustang.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This new Browning looks interesting:

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10...owning-1911-380-acp/

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too thought about the Kimber till I found out about the reviews. Wish I had done that very same thing with the Glock 42

Posts: 2662 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go with a SIG 238. Trust me, you will be much happier.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As soon as I can get to a decent gun shop I'll check that out. It seems to be what I'm looking for.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I talked with a fellow who had a Kimber 1911 in 9mm shooting next to me. Jam after jam he said he had it back to Kimber once all ready.

I have know him for some time I told him I would trade him a Glock that went bang every time for his Kimber.

He said his kimber cost him 3 times what glock did. I said at least the glock goes bang every time.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same thing here. I bought myself a Kimber when I retired from the PD. I sent the gun back to Kimber twice to no avail! Same problem with malfunctions.

I sold it and bought myself a Glock, which I carried as a duty weapon, and never regretted it.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of those Colt Mustangs almost followed me home the other day. I generally don't carry something less than a .45 on autos or .357 on revolvers, but that pistol is cute as a bug.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not that there aren't other good choices, but you will be wise to consider a Sig in relation to anything else you're considering.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I picked up the Sig p238 and so far I like it. The included holster is first rate and with a little stretching the pocket and ankle holster for my LCP will work too. Not thrilled about paying $49.99 for a spare mag on pistol that costs this much though. I'm going to thin my battery once I'm sure this will do. Thanks for the feedback.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad you picked up a 238. I am sure you will be pleased. If you magazines don't have the finger extension, try the Pearce Grip Extenders. It makes the pistol fit your hand better. Some of the SIG mags already have the extra on the mags.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I didn't get the grip extenders on mine. I'll see if I can pick up a couple.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Pearce is a good idea. Look on line and you can find the X-grip for about the same price as you paid for the regular. Not cheap. but they work.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote