THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PERSONAL DEFENSE FORUM

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Father kills daughter's boyfriend in her room.......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
.....somewhat similar to the mother/daughter Jim Croce earlier post but with much sadder results.....

IF the information in the article is more or less correct, I suspect he will not be charged. Whether he should be or not, I dunno, I wasn't there.

quote:
Texas Father Shoots Teen Boy Hiding In Daughter's Room: Cops

The Huffington Post | by David Moye
Posted: 03/13/2014 3:53 pm EDT

A man in Harris County, Texas, fatally shot a 17-year-old boy who had been snuck into the home by the man's 16-year-old daughter. After the incident, he was taken to a local hospital after complaining of panic attacks.

A teenager in Harris County, Texas, was fatally shot by the father of a girl who sneaked the boy into her bedroom, authorities said.

The 17-year-old victim, whose name has not been released, was shot early Thursday morning after the father of a 16-year-old girl found him in her bedroom, KHOU-TV reports.

The boy was discovered first when the girl's younger brother went to say good night to her and saw two feet sticking out from under her bed.

The brother got his father who confronted the teenage boy after the daughter reportedly claimed she did not know him.

The man called 911, and then got into an argument with the teen. The father told police that he opened fire when the teen suddenly moved his hands, according to RawStory.com.

The boy died at the scene. Deputies recovered a handgun from the home.

Investigators later discovered the victim was a friend of the daughter's whom she had let into the home, the Houston Chronicle reports.

The father reported possible panic attacks after the shooting and was taken to a local hospital.

It is unclear whether he will face charges, KCEN-TV reports, but the case will be referred to a grand jury, according to KTRK-TV.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If any of this is true, it is stupidity all around. Sad.

Why would she deny she knew him if her Dad had a gun on him? Why would you get into an argument with someone when you were in his house and he had a gun on you? All sad and stupid.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Dumb and dumber.

Get all your kids to a safe place in another barricaded room.

Call 911 and prevent entry to your hideout.

Let the professionals handle it.

As they said on Best Defense the other day, if you shoot anyone it's gonna cost you $100,000 and all kinds of emotional issues. Never shoot if a safe retreat is an option.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
t would have been easier for all concerned if he had just kneecapped him instead.

He'll be cleared likely, but the civil suit will get really ugly. I'd say I feel sorry for the daughter, but it's not likely she gives a shit.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A good reason to chase girls from divorce families

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd have probably just butt stroked the little horny bastard and grounded my daughter forever. But then, the law enforcement Nazis probably would prosecute anyway. Thank God I haven't encountered that problem.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PaulS
posted Hide Post
The person discovered in the room was identified as a stranger.

The intruder was confrontational.

Did the father belief his life was in danger?

This whole story is like a tabloid front page. There is a good argument for and against the shooting. The daughter lied, which exacerbated the issue. Dad thought a rapist was hiding in his daughters room. There was - in dad's eyes a felony in progress - breaking and entering with the intent to do bodily harm - but there was in fact no felony so the shooting was not justified. The daughter is as legally culpable as dad. This is one of those times when not having the gun, or at least having a cooler head, would have been better for all concerned. He is going to have to live with this for the rest of his life whether he is charged or not.

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dad thought a rapist was hiding in his daughters room. There was - in dad's eyes a felony in progress - breaking and entering with the intent to do bodily harm - but there was in fact no felony so the shooting was not justified. The daughter is as legally culpable as dad.

I can't find a follow up to this, but I doubt there will be any charges against the father. There doesn't have to be a felony in progress, there just has to be a reasonable belief and, according to the father, the kid became confrontational (I can't blame him, because he knew the girl was lying, but he should have sat quietly and waited for the cavalary (cops) to arrive, he didn't and he died). "Reachin'" was a common defense in the old days, especially when it was black on black (he was reachin', so I shot him, as in reaching into a pocket for a possible weapon, even if subsequent examination showed said pocket only had a can of snuff).

This would STILL be all over the press everyday, but unfortunately for them, all the actors involved were black so they can't call up Rev. Al and get another quote about racism.

I feel terribly sorry for all involved. I wonder if the daughter lied because the father was so strict? Who knows?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For those that have daughters,
show off your gun collection to the potential boyfriend and tell him that you can't make up your mind which gun to used if you find a stranger in your house. Believe me, he will never come back!!!!!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't have to show my guns to those little pekkernecks. They see the dead animals on the wall. The general speech is: My daughter is the most precious thing in the world to me. You treat her like a lady, and as she is entitled to be treated and we don't have a problem. But, get this straight, I don't like you and if you do one thing to hurt my daughter's feelings, or offend my sense of proprietey, and I'll come down on you like a ton of bricks. Got it?

If they don't listen, it happens.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dead animals on the wall? Mmmm, maybe I should get her pregnant and he can pay for my hunts and taxidermy? If he beats me up, I will pressed charges for beating up a minor, child abuse and assault and then he will be jailed and bankrupt. Believe me, showing off your firearm collections is the cheapest and safest way to go in order to protect the estate, times are different now due to liberal schools and media. Don't' be stupid brick head!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norseman,

Who the hell are you? You make no sense, so I'd suggest you just shut up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who the hell are you? You make no sense, so I'd suggest you just shut up.

I thought his reply made as much sense as yours

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
I'd have probably just butt stroked the little horny bastard and grounded my daughter forever. But then, the law enforcement Nazis probably would prosecute anyway. Thank God I haven't encountered that problem.

Borderline hypocrite.

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Somewhat of an update here:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014...ys/?intcmp=obnetwork

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norseman,

I apologize for my rash response, however I fail to see any hypocrisy in my responses. I do that sometimes, which is why no one should want to date my daughter. I just really didn't appreciate being called a brick head.

And, if someone really pisses me off, I won't beat them up. So I also don't advocate showing people my guns. If someone sees my gun, it may very well be too late to help them.