New
Find
Notify
Tools

Current African hunting magazines
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What are the current production African hunting or African oriented hunting magazines beyond
HSC, DSC, SCI, Sports Afield.

It seems like there were 10 or 12 English languages ones, but I don't think there are but a few left.

Does Man Magnum still exist?

Wild and Jag or whatever it is, is that in English?

African Hunting Gazette? I am subscribed, but I have seen one issue in 8 months.

What about Jagter?

African Hunter?

Anything else?

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
African Hunting Gazette? I didn't know that they were inactive. I will email the publisher and see what's happening. I have published several Cape Buffalo hunting stories in AHG but haven't had anything to write about lately.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Richard Lendrum, The publisher of the African Hunting Gazette sends his greeting.
The excellent publication is still going strong and they now have a monthly news letter that you can sign up for. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I found a magazine called Hunt Namibia.

I am going to try and get a subscription figured out.

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out Magzter several African hunting magazines available on line $79.00 a year for hundreds of magazines

Posts: 170 | Location: Vero Beach Florida | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Longtime ago Sambar02 (Ian Tanner)
sent me a box
full of Australian hunting mags.
Like a fool again I let others read them
and never got them back.
A few years later he had a fatal H/A.
I still miss that roughneck. My age, his mum
and I share b'days too.

Mighty good reads and LOTS of great hunting
stories and pictures in them.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5934 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, African Hunter Magazine has been out of print for a long time. Ira LaRivers was the main man running it. He posts here on AR occasionally. Saeed used to advertise AR on the back cover, I believe, and Cal Pappas here on AR regularly wrote big bore/double rifle articles. African Hunting Gazette is still strong as indicated above. I just received a renewal notice for my subscription a couple of days ago.

Posts: 18516 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive got boxes and boxes of all the African magazines going back a long time, most of them were compted over the years..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41748 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man Magnum going strong. I have most of the issues,(almost 40 years worth) and as we are getting ready to downsize have tried to sell them, or at least pass them on. Seem there are a lot of us Old Toppies trying to do the same and no takers.....

Posts: 263 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 20 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not much interrest on this side of the pond either, I have boxes and boxes full of most all hunting magazines, a couple of pickup loads I do a buyer take all at a buck apiece..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41748 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post