Find
Notify
Tools

bear hunting mags
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Bear hunting magazine
Anybody get this mag ? What are your thoughts about content,authors,and would it be a reference to bear outfitters.

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine, George Dvorchak, writes for this mag. I can put you in touch with him if you like. Not sure if he is still writing; last we spoke he was looking at retirement.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank-you for the reply.I lost interest in the mag. was looking for hunting leads,then received alberta's list of outfitters and did my phone calls.

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wrote for the first few issues but as it maw primarily aimed at black bear hunters I quit writing for them. But I see it has filled a niche and appears to be getting better.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4193 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wrote (had a column or two - don't remember!) for the first iteration of this magazine but have yet to see the new version. I will look for it.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post