New
Find
Notify
Tools

Music? What do you listen to?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
On the country side, I am listening to Staind leader singer Aaron Lewis, Gary Allan, Chris Ledoux, and some cowboy music. Anything outside of that was sang in the holler, or Pop country isn't for me.

On the rock side, I am listening to Staind, Metalica, and a few in that realm.

On the classical side, I just select the Andre Reau channel on Pandora and whatever it plays I never hit next.

I also like big band type stuff from the 1940s, and crooners.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I grabbed the first five from the stack of CD's in my trophy room. This will date me.....Beatles, Doors, Eagles, Jefferson Starship and Gordon Lightfoot.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of my German colleagues listens to the a German Radio station that plays what they call Schlager Musik (or the Hits).

They play the Beatles all the time.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stan Getz and Joao Gilberto, Dave Brubeck and Paul Desmond, Ray Charles, Alison Krause, Leann Rimes, anything by Joss Stone, Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon), a lot of Sting's stuff, Nat King Cole, Jan Sibelius, Edvard Grieg, poor Amy Winehouse -- kind of all over the map, but I do not consider rap or hip hop music under any circumstances.
Kongoni, copy on your list, too.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16287 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any classical, especially Mozart's concertos, any classical guitar, lots of blues, SRV, Waters, Winter, plenty of heavy stuff, lots of Maiden, Buckethead, Ozzy (Which is in reality Bob Daisley), Zakk Wylde, oddball stuff like Sugar, Pogues, Slipknot, and just about everything else EXCEPT Hollywood country, emo, and most rap - although I do like some Wu-Tang.

Posts: 7761 | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get your ass east and try some Carolina Shag sucka. You're 1/4 South-Cakalakyian on your mothers side....

Posts: 1168 | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hard not to like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZKzW-ASP_Y

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just recently discovered The Seekers, an Australian folk/rock band that started in the '60's and still plays occasionally today.

I always liked the song "Georgy Girl" from the movie of the same name, but didn't realize who sang it.

Judith Durham had, and still has, a tremendous voice.

If they had had more exposure in the U.S. I think they'd be ranked alongside of the Beatles, Peter, Paul & Mary, The Stones and other big-name groups of the time.

Several of their songs are on YouTube. Check out "The Carnival is Over," "Another You," and "A World of Our Own."

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1539 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I listen to a little bit of Boer Country/Rock stuff. Mostly Bok Van Blerk and Steve Hofmeyr.

As for the rest of the Afrikaans artist; some of it is good, some of it is the same techno country pop wierdo music they play on German Schlager radio but sung in Afrikaans.

Some of it sounds like Alpine folk music.

Some of it sounds like 1980's Crowded House or 80's pop rock.

Some of it sounds like 80's hard rock.

I like some of it, but not all of it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 16Bore:
Get your ass east and try some Carolina Shag sucka. You're 1/4 South-Cakalakyian on your mothers side....

Looks overly complicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l5pczCZw04

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
quote:
Originally posted by 16Bore:

Looks overly complicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l5pczCZw04

I have to drink a hell of a lot to get my ankles to flop around like that.

Posts: 7761 | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can never remember names of pieces or composers .This morning I heard classical music -- a hunting party !

Posts: 7636 | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My tastes in music are pretty eclectic, but I really do not consider Rap as being music.

So many radio stations have changed their format to mostly "Talk Shows", so what I listen to when I am out and about on my rounds are Audio Books.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like cowboy music Chris Ledoux, Willie Nelson, Dollie Parton, Loretta, you know all the oldies, I qualify for oldies...Guess I like music that tells a story, no yelling or repetition, but to each his own..I do feel like country music has been invaded by rock stars void of talent..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41752 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray look up Ned Ledoux, it is Chris' son. My sister and first cousin are a couple of years younger than me, and were in Wyoming High School Rodeo with Ned.

He's a good singer. See if you can find a copy of Brother Higway. Probably the best western song written in 30 years.