New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Bucket List
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What a bunch of crap on the Pursuit Channel. Two lions in a one day hunt. Makes me want to puke. As Dave Fulson always says, they act like these are real hunts.

Sickening.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AZ,
You and I agree on this. That was pure trash. I hope the sponsors enjoyed shelling out their advertising for that fiasco.

Posts: 10084 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw that show as well, shameful!!

It wouldn't bother me so bad if they actually told the truth with the "hunt".

I watched a show earlier this year where a woman "stalked" up to a Lion within 25 yards with a bow across open ground and acted like it was a truly wild animal!

Posts: 615 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't personally care what they do, as I am not one to instill my own ethics a someones version of hunting.

Everytime I think about getting judgemental, I remember that the beef I ate for lunch, pork I ate for breakfast and chicken we are eating for dinner died in a less sporting manner.

It's hard to figure out what motivates someone to take an animal in a lifestock sort of way.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BWW,

you are failing to differentiate between domestic animals raised for food and the African Lion and other wild dangerous predators or Elephant, Buffalo, and Rhino.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not failing to differentiate anything, God made all animals for man kind to eat or use.

Lion, horseshoe crab, whale, duck, silverfish, mosquito you name it.

How you seperate the wheat from the chaff is up to you, but I don't wax poetic about the "wild" versus the non wild.

in the fence out of the fence to me it is the same.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
do you have any limits as far as what you will do to kill any game?

What do you do with mosquitoes?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
I don't personally care what they do, as I am not one to instill my own ethics a someones version of hunting.

Everytime I think about getting judgemental, I remember that the beef I ate for lunch, pork I ate for breakfast and chicken we are eating for dinner died in a less sporting manner.

It's hard to figure out what motivates someone to take an animal in a lifestock sort of way.

quote:
Idaho Sharpshooter
one of us
posted Oct 7, 7:38 PM Hide Post
BWW,

you are failing to differentiate between domestic animals raised for food and the African Lion and other wild dangerous predators or Elephant, Buffalo, and Rhino.

Those lions where raised to be shot, BWW's point is pretty valid to me.......

quote:

Me too, but a LOT of people do it.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
The issue I have with this is that no one ever admits it is a canned hunt on TV. If it is such a wonderful thing with no issues, why not admit it?

In fact, why not admit it on AR? I can think of only one or two people on AR who have, and yet 80 percent of the lions shot the past few years are pen-raised.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Taking the emotion our of this subject I am of the opine that every canned Lion that's killed is a saved wild lion..I see this type of hunting as a means of support for the wild game farmer and in time it just may be the salvation of the species as it has for a number of animals, both in Africa and the N.A continent..So as opposed to whining like a college student at a Trump election kindly allow that Lion farmer to exist and sell his commodity, that Lion deserves no more rights than the Kudu, Impala, Coues deer, or whatever that is hunted in RSA and Zimbabwe under fence, if you take the emotion out of it.

I have never sold a canned Lion hunt, in fact Ive only sold Tanzania Lion hunts, but the Lion is near endangerment because when you kill a pride male, you have also killed all his "get" as the new boss eats them.

IMO to some extent poor African management is the demon, The black African would be relieved if all Lions, elephants, crocs, Hippo and Buffalo were killed, Sounds bad to you? your right the poor dumb bastards are just trying to keep their kids from being et, but that's another topic.

Sometimes we just have to put emotion aside and take a look at the overall picture, and we, as hunters, more than anyone are responsible for the results, and we haven't done all that good a job so far, but we have not failed altogether either..

Im playing the devils advocate to a certain extent, mostly to hear the response and get a feeling as to where were headed..Willy nilly on the internet with BS or are we sincere in our efforts to protect.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41752 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post