New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perfect Shot Handbook
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How many hunters going to the field or bush need to look in a book to know where the heart/lungs and/or the shoulder are?

I wonder if a signed deluxe edition will be available that will include a soiled t-shirt?

Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:

How many hunters going to the field or bush need to look in a book to know where the heart/lungs and/or the shoulder are?

Cal

Weeeeell based on how many hunters manage to miss the heart and lungs.... I would say lot more. Cool

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
quote:

Cal

Weeeeell based on how many hunters manage to miss the heart and lungs.... I would say lot more. Cool

Exactly. I wish more folks would take the time to learn the anatomy of the animals they are hunting. It's clear that many don't have a clue and you combine that with poor marksmanship and you are guaranteed a big feces sandwich.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As they say in Africa, not every animal is a Whitetail. God put things in different spots in Africa.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal

That book cover POA with the elk side-on will go behind the heart.

A quartering shot with a wobble could be a gut shot or a leg wound.

3D diagrams are very helpful for acquiring basic knowledge / understanding.

quote:

I wonder if a signed deluxe edition will be available that will include a soiled t-shirt?

Cal

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11005 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
My big disappointment is they all leave out the Abomindal snowman. I would suggest the Texas Heart shot..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41746 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cal

How many hunters give any animal a choice of how to die??

Only self glorifying idiots do! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66694 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recall one scribe who listed velocities for certain calibers, for animals, well duh! He said a 180 gr. bullet at 2700 would kill deer but not elk as elk needed more velocity, never made any mention of range but what difference would that make..so if the velocity was 2600 or 2500 or 2400 (Im sure he ment the 06 as 2700 with a 180 is the golden rule) won't kill an elk..I was embaresses for him, don't even recall his name however. Such articles were in the early sporting magazines, funny stuff.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41746 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
I know one, but he's seeking an Academy Award!!

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120