New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Hunting Report
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm beyond disappointed in this newsletter,its at rock bottom and their starting to dig ! The content is lacking, it comes in a rolled up letter.There is no longer a state by state forecast on drawings or permits.It used to list recent hunts by members and include a blank hunt report form.I used to look forward to it arriving in the mail.Now its so late like the 3rd week of the month.Yes i still want a printed copy ,that's what I paid for.I'm not interested in the e-mail edition and come renewal time after 24 years I'm not renewing.Thank-you for my rant !

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Used to be good and I enjoyed getting it. Thanks for letting us know how it has gone down hill.

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The last one I got was the July issue. Has anyone gotten August?

Posts: 11905 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,
I got the august issue 3rd wk.

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like Larry the last issue I have seen is July '18. I viewed this on Hunting Report's website. Previously issues were always emailed ( the subscription service I paid for ) but no longer if seems. I last checked the website a few days ago and the July issue still featured. Couldn't find anything more recent.
I'm not happy. HR has definitely gone downhill recently, particularly since Barbara's departure in my view. I have emailed HR but had zero acknowledgement. The way I feel now is that if HR expects me to renew on anniversary they can forget it. Their present conduct is simply shameful.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1988 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I am not sure what is going on with them. It does not seem good whatever it is.

Posts: 11905 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got an unsolicited email containing the August Hunt Report (I think that is what it is).

Assume this is to try and obtain new subscribers...

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got the August issue as well.

It is definitely shorter. In my opinion, it has gone downhill this year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anybody received further issues after August ? That's the last I received and August is the most recent one viewable on their website.
Maybe it's finally breathed it's last.....???

Slightly related, I see from SCI communication Barbara Crown has taken on a new role . Sorta along the lines of Hunting Report with some new wrinkles. Will be interesting to watch.

Posts: 1988 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 672 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i got the september issue last week.I would not be wasting my money if I was an advertiser.I'm done with this publication.I won't even give ripcord a second look on insurance.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did receive a combined "October/November" issue on December 19. but I suppose their booth at the DSC is a bad sign:

Also, I haven't been able to access the server - the connection times out with the message: "The server at huntingreport.redpointresolutions.com is taking too long to respond."

It's hard for me to see why Ripcord would take it over and then let it languish. I can't say it gives me a lot of confidence in Ripcord/Redpoint Resolutions. But maybe there is more to the story...

Posts: 672 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the December issue today 1/31.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen my issue yet.Terrible service

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Hunting Report is a lost cause - at least to me.
Since about July 2018 I have not received an issue or any communication of any sort. I gave up emailing as they were simply ignored. Only through the kindness of Larry Shores I received some issues that were due to me on subscription.
Hunting Report leaves me very dissatisfied. My subscription expires this month and I won't be renewing. They haven't even bothered with any subscription renewal reminder anyway.