New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greatest lie you've ever read...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
While it is possible a Ranger could be awarded an Air Medal for actions during aerial combat as part of an aircrew, I highly doubt it - and then be awarded it 6 more times (clusters).. Yeah right...

Don't miss his bullshit on here...

USAF EOD Class 21S-82 Retired...

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not really a lie, and was in a book not magazine, but a book I have about tracking states a hunter should kill every raptor he sees including hawks, owls, and eagles, because of the harm they do to small game.

He also recommended killing 5 or 6 cougars for every deer a hunter shoots.

Book was published in the 1940s.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buff, you could be talking about Ben Lilly. J. Frank Dobie wrote a book about his life. He is personally responsible for the eradication of mountain lions + black bears in Texas as he felt he was doing "God's work."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
You can have won every war!

But, it was not meant to be.

Remember when Bush wanted to punish Afghanistan for harboring Bin Laden?

Carpet bombing the place to pieces, with getting a single soldier on the ground.

But no.

The military industrial wants a continuing war, to kill more people, make more money.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66706 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THe success rates and average sizes of trophies taken by some (not all) Canadian and Alaskan outfits....

The issue is figuring out which are the truth.

The second, "that the Yukon has standards for guides". Not true... A 4 hour first aid class makes you a guide in the Yukon..

Be careful who you hunt with....

Posts: 10083 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, requiring a 4 hour first aid class IS a standard.

Not much of one, or any comment on their hunting ability!

Just read like a politician-lawyer and all will be clear!

Eeker

Posts: 10469 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
back when I was a working man (Pilot) the great lie was "hello I'm from the FAA and I'm here to help.

In the history of man there has never been a war that was won. One side just lost less than the other.

Posts: 513 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 27 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The two biggest Polish lies:
1) I won’t come in your mail;
2) The check is in your mouth!!

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If elected, I will lower taxes!

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remember the TV show "Green Acres" in the early 60s? Starring Eddie Arnold + Zsa Zsa Gabor? Now remember Pat Burtram's character, "Mr. Hanley" who every week would tell Arnold, "Now Mister Douglas, I have just what you need!" Not as good as "The Beverly Hillbillies" but good humor nonetheless. I have met many "Mr. Hanley's" in my life + you can always tell when they are lying when they open their mouth.