Notify
Tools

Greatest lie you've ever read...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
"I have a lot of friends in the Special Forces Community" is the biggest lie I see anymore, and I see it about 2 or 3 times a month in various magazines and on tv.

Unless you were in the Special Forces community, you do not have friends in the Special Forces Community.

Not necessarily true.

Two of my best friends when I was stationed at Ft. Lewis WA back in the 70s, included one guy who was a Ranger, and another guy (who I met through the first guy) was SF.

Although Rangers and SF don't necessarily become friends (my Ranger friend jokingly referred to SF as "Special Feces"), the three of us had a lot in common (chasing skirt, drinking, getting rowdy, etc) and spent time hanging out.

Also, come to think of it, I had another good friend who was SF. We went through OCS together.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That a 125 grain .308 bullet is perfect for water buffalo ,no more needed.

Or 6,5 PRC is outseloing all other 6,5 together with 6,5 CM combined,no need for a 6,5 Swede any longer.

Or 10,3x68RWS is the super cartridge of the future ,no need for anything else ..

was mr Rigby before a pc crash

Posts: 158 | Location: Kristiansand, Norway | Registered: 05 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just returned from a horrible sheep hunt where the outfitter made a lot of written commitments he did not follow through on - I would say that a lot of advertising in certain outfitters brochures and websites are the biggest misrepresentations I have seen. This one may get sued.

Posts: 10084 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like any other enterprise,false documentation for services rendered (or not in this case) sounds valid for suit,especially when we know that a large sum of money was spent on the endeavor.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is exactly what our attorney said...

Posts: 10084 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Just returned from a horrible sheep hunt where the outfitter made a lot of written commitments he did not follow through on - I would say that a lot of advertising in certain outfitters brochures and websites are the biggest misrepresentations I have seen. This one may get sued.

Was it in Alaska, Canada, or Asia?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How do you like that? + I'm not even a lawyer. I wish you justice amigo.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was that time when this weird dude came on a hunting message board and claimed to have killed a 350+ elk every year for like thirty years, but had no proof because... wait a minute.... never mind.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3499 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That would be Rich aka Idahosharpshooter who has been banned

one of us
posted Hide Post
Greatest lie I ever read? The dept of corrections saying I was to get a raise. The few we got in the last 18 years came out at the fiscal year and 6 months later was taken away when our insurance cost went up mysteriously the same amount as the former or "late" raise. And when some of us hired on the insurance was supposed to be a benefit. Now they can't get enough people to man the place properly. Can't see why??? We were the second lowest paid in the nation for most of 22 years that I personally know of. I still feel safer inside the fences than on the streets. Still sit in restaurants with my back to the wall facing the front entry. I probably know the rear exits as well. Maybe I learned some valuable tricks while being tricked by the state of Misery. Packy

Posts: 2140 | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep... and "our employees are our greatest asset" as the lay offs are announced.

Posts: 265 | Location: Hammertown, USA | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
James,I can relate. I've been in business for myself for 40 years but before that the last metal shop I worked in was a great place to work,everybody got along,after work we would get some beer + sit on the loading dock.It was more fun sitting with our coworkers than it was to go right home.Then the boss hired his grandkids,who could do no wrong.Raises ended,the kids were driving new trucks,etc.Put the company in the ground. And yes I have ALWAYS maintained the habit of sitting with my back to the wall + being aware of my surroundings;exits as well.Living in condition orange is not hard to do.That used to piss off my Ex to great extreme,I'm not paranoid but going around in a state of lala land is just plain stupid.She would get irate when we went to an outdoors concert on the lake + my 1st move was to locate all the exits.Another reason she's an Ex. Good riddance.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vinny:
Yep... and "our employees are our greatest asset" as the lay offs are announced.

Where I used to work we had an employee appreciation lunch.
It was a potluck!

M

Posts: 1223 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
I am so humbled to just have made E-5 in three and a half years...

But, I do have a CIB and an Air Medal with six clusters. That should count for something.

This guy was a stone cold liar. He claimed many times to be a Ranger or something like that. They don't give you an Air Medal for being a Ranger, they give you a Bronze or Silver Star.

What a lying fool.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well, he's not here anymore either. I've heard more than my share of lies over the years concerning branches of military service + decorations, etc. Speaking of decorations, has anyone heard about what happened with the 5 MOH that were stolen off the Yorktown?