New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tv hunting shows
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Watched a Coues deer hunt today on TV...The hunter jumped a Coues buck up close, took him forever to set up his walking bench rest and mount his 300 someodd magnum, then he gut shot the deer, made a issue about the good shot he made, but it was a low gut shot, followed up a long tracking job and finished off the buck. Up close of the head only of course...

I hate to see that sort of stuff, its just a lie, either trash the film or tell it like it is, but of course many folks can't accept the reality of a poor shot and that may not be acceptable..I don't know but it ruined the show for me..What is your reaction?

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41722 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My reaction is, "why earth is this person shooting a Coues deer with a .300 mag? Leave the .458 Lott at home by some misadventure?" I'll not apologize for the 30.06 - now or ever - but a .243 or 7x57 would be the greatest of plenty, always assuming correct bullets.

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Watched a Coues deer hunt today on TV...The hunter jumped a Coues buck up close, took him forever to set up his walking bench rest and mount his 300 someodd magnum, then he gut shot the deer, made a issue about the good shot he made, but it was a low gut shot, followed up a long tracking job and finished off the buck. Up close of the head only of course...

I hate to see that sort of stuff, its just a lie, either trash the film or tell it like it is, but of course many folks can't accept the reality of a poor shot and that may not be acceptable..I don't know but it ruined the show for me..What is your reaction?

Ray:
Especially when you can see the vapor trail...

I notice they never show us where the shot went in, esp the long range shows.

Finally, I get tired of seeing someone need one of those bog pod double yoke cradles to shoot a deer at 200 yards. Come on, get a shooting sling and learn how to shoot.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best one is when the guy or gal screws and arrow into the guts, and high fives the camera man and proclaims a clean kill on that earl morning daylight hunt, the they are taking pictures in the middle of the night..but on the positive side the rancher probably had a good dog to help and all day tracking job!! shame

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41722 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The other day I watched Trailing the Hunter's Moon With Larry Weishuhn hunting klipspringer in Namibia. He took one with a .375!! I'd say this is "using enough gun" a bit too far.

Posts: 14 | Registered: 18 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most of the shows are shit. Ill watch trailing the hunters moon, Jim shockeys shows and Ivan Carter.

Posts: 457 | Registered: 12 November 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a long range nerd, but not really much of a long range hunter. The long range nerd of Gunwerks is great, the hunting can be ok.

The fully "Africa" tv shows are quite a bit better than the "bubba goes hunting" shows, but none of them are great.

Not a single show I can think of I am entranced with.

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
I am a long range nerd, but not really much of a long range hunter. The long range nerd of Gunwerks is great, the hunting can be ok.

The fully "Africa" tv shows are quite a bit better than the "bubba goes hunting" shows, but none of them are great.

Not a single show I can think of I am entranced with.

Same here. 'm a long range shooter, (targets) but keep my hunting shots to reasonable range, 350 or so.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hate that the shows are not in HD. I have 20 or so inches of tv screen that are blank on each side of the show that looks like it was filmed with a potato.

Maybe it is just Direct Tv that is screwing us.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is why I canceled the cable offering here in Germany for American tv. Potato camera sucks!

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We just re did our subscription to Dish. I cancelled all the hunting and fishing shows. I never watched the fishing anyway, but the bubba hunting shows are beyond bad, and the African hunts are fast getting that way. Garbage is garbage, no matter where it comes from.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You mean you didn't like those southern hog hunting shows with the good lookin' gals in daisy dukes?

The possibilities for disaster boggle the mind.

Posts: 87 | Registered: 19 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goatwhiskers:
You mean you didn't like those southern hog hunting shows with the good lookin' gals in daisy dukes?

Is that still on?

Just Juni is about the same thing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goatwhiskers:

I think that is like Nigella the British chef lady with huge knockers. I remember the wife didn't allow that one to be watched either.

posted Hide Post
I'm seeing a few more hunting shows on Netflix here in Australia. Meat Eater is pretty good and I've just started watching old Babe Winkleman.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7962 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post