New
Find
Notify
Tools

FIFA getting raided
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looks like the corruption in FIFA is coming home to roost.

ZURICH (Reuters) - Seven of the most powerful figures in global soccer faced extradition to the United States on corruption charges after being arrested on Wednesday in Switzerland, where authorities also announced a criminal investigation into the awarding of the next two World Cups.

The world's most popular sport was plunged into turmoil after U.S. and Swiss authorities announced separate inquiries into the activities of the game's powerful governing body.

U.S. authorities said nine soccer officials and five sports media and promotions executives faced corruption charges involving more than $150 million in bribes. Swiss police arrested seven FIFA officials who are now awaiting extradition to the United States.

Full story here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/a...-050005366--sow.html

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
About time too!

FIF has always been corrupt.

Sadly, I do not have much faith in what the FBI is doing.

They seem to pick and choose who to prosecute - turning a complete blind eye to others.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, you are right. Yes, there needs to be an investigation, but not by an American government organization. As much as I don't like him, this may well be just what Putin said...an attempt to take the games away from Russia in order to hurt their economy more than about the integrity of the game.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The sad part is there is corruption in all the major sports.

Just look at the links Nike has with so many cheats?

I have a friend who used to worship Armstrong, who I never liked from day one.

I told him there is something wrong here, and he never believed me.

And now we know what had happened.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All of the fantasy gambling will eventually wreck US sports as well. Where the money is, there will be people stealing it...

Posts: 10133 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post