Notify
Tools

World Cup highlights
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I wish the referees will stamp out such rough playing.

Tonight Germany meets Brazil, and tomorrow Argentina meets the Netherlands.

The battle between Europe and South America in full swing.

I wonder who is going to prevail?

I think that part of the problem is that the referee cannot see all the fouls. The referee watches the area around the ball and the linemen are watching the off sides line and they just can't see what all of the other players are doing. Even when the foul is committed in front of them, their view can be blocked by the player's bodies and other players and they just can't see everything.

That's why diving is so successful, the referee assumes that a foul must have occurred because of the reaction of the fouled player because they get to used to not seeing all the action.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know Brazil is desperate to win, but without Neymar, I put my Deutschmarks on Germany.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16292 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
I know Brazil is desperate to win, but without Neymar, I put my Deutschmarks on Germany.

That was utter destruction! 5 goals in the first 29 minutes.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, one great goal and a bunch of missed chances.

Congratulations Germany!

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the best team definitely won tu2

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13099 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post