Find
Notify
Tools

scopes into NZ
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted
Anyone know if you can just bring scopes into NZ in your luggage or have things changed with all the new laws, ie import paperwork

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, yes, this is OK. I know it's been done without issue. Whether any of the very recently new firearms laws restrict this I don't know, but I've not heard anything. If Customs should want to inspect you luggage on arrival I don't know if they might have some questions. I think on the Arrivals Card you have to declare items over a certain value.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2012 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
Thanks
Don't worry it won't be worth anything rotflmo

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
No issues bringing a scope to NZ in your checked luggage; you don't need an import permit.

Posts: 354 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes all good, I have seen it in writing from the police.

Posts: 304 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

What about thermals ? Same ?

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Charlie,
Same as conventional scopes I would think and there should be no restriction. I'm not saying this is definitely legal but thermal scopes are in use here and I wouldn't think our laws would prevent personal importation.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2012 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys tu2