New
Find
Notify
Tools

AN idea and looking for advice
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I stuck this in the prepper forum as well, but thought Id stick it up here as it may get more views.

This is just an idea Im playing with, so thought someone here may have an idea worth thinking about.

Im looking at ways to raise some capital on my farm, and right now in our media are reports of a massive upsurge in Americans applying for visas or immigration. Probably due to our perceived isolation from Covid.
Id like to explore offering sale or lease of a house section/lifestlye block for people looking for a bolt hole or holiday home. On the basis that its a fantastic area close to airport that offers pretty great hunting and fishing, secure food and water supplies, ability to grow own gardens etc, and there is an infrastructure (Me) who can monitor property and maintain it etc while not in use.
If I went down this path further, where would be the best place to advertise or look for customers?
Cheers

Posts: 4235 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Trump and ACT voters?? Or is their blood money not welcome?? sofa

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
will austraillia let us in? Smiler

Posts: 1068 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
You have to realize is a lot of this in American news is just talk, Americans aren't going to relocate 6,000 - 10,000 miles from home because of the panic. They talk a lot about it when the Covid stuff begins and then when they see that half of the people aren't catching the virus and half of them aren't dying from it, then they quickly forget about leaving.

It's like all the celebrities who were screaming that they were going to move out of the country if Trump was elected in 2016. If you notice, none of them did it.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mate I think any business idea is worth pursuing but I wouldnt be counting on international markets right now

Posts: 3530 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote