Find
Notify
Tools

Back to Auckland in November
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
It looks like I'll be back in Auckland during the first week of November and I've got an invitation to go fishing out of Tauranga. It's been a while since I've been seasick.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Being in Auckland will make you sick enough on its own , Frank.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
After 40-50 trips there over the last 20 or so years, I've built up a tolerance to it. It's still a lot better than most big cities in the world, including all the big cities in the US.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm on the way home and on the test flight for Air New Zealand's new International Wifi service. I get to post to AR from 35,000 feet over the Pacific Ocean.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems to be working. Happy travels.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2016 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks mate. If you're in the Auckland area, next time I'm there we'll have to meet and have a coffee.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm in Pukekohe, not too far from Auckland. Give me a little notice if possible before you visit next and I'm sure we could arrange that. Always got time for a good coffee, and to talk hunting !
I'll be at DSC in January if you happen to be going that way.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2016 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Cool, I just got home. (They held us on the plane for a little bit for the cops to meet someone who caused a safety concern on the flight).

Next time I'm driving down to Hamilton or Piopio, I'll let you know.

Frank

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Cool, I just got home. (They held us on the plane for a little bit for the cops to meet someone who caused a safety concern on the flight).

So it wasn't you Big Grin

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel...ined-on-flight-to-la

Posts: 3849 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
quote:

So it wasn't you Big Grin

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel...ined-on-flight-to-la

No, apparently it was a drunk Kiwi. I was riding in Business Class and this occurred in Economy and to the credit of the crew, I wasn't even aware that anything happened.

Besides that, it says:

"He was returned to New Zealand. He wasn't violent, there's no crime, no charges, he was just denied entry to the US."

When I'm kicked out of a country, they return me to the US. coffee

Frank

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Going to New Zealand for the first time this Saturday. Not hunting, but visiting my daughter who works for a travel agency called "Once Upon a Trip". She organizes and guides tours so I'm expecting not a free moment and far too much exersize.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That's a long trip from Rambouillet! Are you going east or west? Air New Zealand does London to LAX with a 3 hour layover and then on to Auckland but it's about 25 hours of flying.

Frank

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's a long trip from Rambouillet! Are you going east or west? Air New Zealand does London to LAX with a 3 hour layover and then on to Auckland but it's about 25 hours of flying.

Qatar Airways, change planes in Doha, then a stop in Melbourne I think before Auckland. In economy class; I may not be functional for several days.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Stop the presses! Delete my last post! My wife, who has never been reticent to bring up that I am so totally wrong on so many levels that she wonders why she even brings it up, has informed me that we are on Emirates, leaving Saturday night, stopping in Dubai. I of course was right about the stop in Melbourne.

So, the same leg numbing flight duration in economy class, but last year's hip replacement seems to have healed nicely and I recently became eligible for Medicare, so I have options.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That is a long trip. I hope that you can suffer through it because New Zealand is worth the visit!

Frank