Find
Notify
Tools

Good eating
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted
Bit of good eating taken last Saturday evening, not quite our spring yet and not much new feed growing but the hind has wintered well with a little fat on board.
Managed to drag the animal to the foot of the terrace from where I shot from and then able to use my ute to tow her to the top.

Posts: 3847 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice, what make a car is that? Outsider here has never seen one.

Enjoy the eats, should be nice n tender at that age.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Great Wall from China.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Looks like a Great Wall from China.

Well spotted, yes a Chinese made 4WD Great Wall V240 double cab utility, a great vehicle at a great price that goes everywhere I need to go. It doesn't mind the odd blooded animal or two on the back Big Grin

The GW in the same hunting area at another time of year.

Posts: 3847 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
New Zealand is the land of over priced everything, so I am going to assume that you get raped by Great Wall as well.

Saying that I would bet it is the cheapest made ute in the nation. Just as they were to the west of you in Oz.

Spartain little chink ute that goes were you steer it.

The United States made a federal vehicle standard to be something like this" not a direct quote but what I can remember":

All vehicles must last at least 350,000 miles with at least 80% of the produced fleet meeting that milestone.

Like I said it is not a quote, as don't have the actual code of federal regulation here anymore.

This kicked out a lot of makers like Daewoo, Daihatsu and would do the same for Great Wall.

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
New Zealand is the land of over priced everything, so I am going to assume that you get raped by Great Wall as well.

Saying that I would bet it is the cheapest made ute in the nation. Just as they were to the west of you in Oz.

Spartain little chink ute that goes were you steer it.

The United States made a federal vehicle standard to be something like this" not a direct quote but what I can remember":

All vehicles must last at least 350,000 miles with at least 80% of the produced fleet meeting that milestone.

Like I said it is not a quote, as don't have the actual code of federal regulation here anymore.

This kicked out a lot of makers like Daewoo, Daihatsu and would do the same for Great Wall.

Don't know how our vehicle prices compare with the same in other countries but I wouldn't say the GW utes are spartan, they have much the same features as others on the market here, same warranty period, leather upholstery, air con, etc., etc., and mag wheels. The Chinese tyres that are fitted on them here in NZ have been marvellous on my ute, just ready to replace now at nearly 60,000kms. They were reasonably aggressive HT tyres and have been amazing where they would go off road. In fact the GW seems very well balanced and will go along way off road in two wheel drive before 4WD needs selecting.
Most of the Japaneses utes we have in NZ now are not made in Japan any longer, many now made in Thailand, and all the different makes have their mechanical and electrical problems. How do I know? The company I work for probably have 50 or more utes doing a range of duties, some seriously off road stuff, and almost all makes have been in the workshop for some major mechanical and electrical work. Funnily enough the early 2003-4 model Mitsubishi petrol utes with the bullet proof 2.4 litre motor have been our most reliable performing vehicle, and what do you know, that is the same motor used in the V240 GW utes!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Aus and NZ terribly overpriced yes. I remember doing business in the arabs states and seeing new hiluxes and other toyotas for 20-25k US. Meanwhile, Australia,50-60K( also our dollar was similar to US back then). Its not just taxes, its big business deciding what you can afford based on earnings and gullibility.With our relaxed south pacific welfare based society and easy credit, we just accept price hikes without arguing. Then find ourselves working more hours than anyone else in the 1st world to make it up.

On great walls they are becoming more popular in Aus but the market is still as a town/tradesman vehicle than appealing to offroaders. Then again 99% of American driving probably falls into what Australians would consider town usage too...

Posts: 3530 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Walls will never be sold in America.

The US has titled code of federal regulations requiring all vehicles pass a certain standard. This is why Daihatsu and several other sub-grade non-Japanese vehicles are no longer sold.

Kia and Hyundai have had to completely retool to fit the mold.