New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pump action rifles now gone
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A new buy back has been announced today. Seems we are no longer allowed pump actions from what I can make out from the media release.

Posts: 4229 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Huh.....?
What's the big threat from pump actions that makes a buy-back necessary ???
Or has the cancel culture raised it's ugly profile in NZ now ?

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2011 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Because they can right now I suspect. I think the reasoning in detachable magazines and speed of fire.

Posts: 4229 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
I think (more hope to) that only detachable magazine CF rifles, as I don't want to lose my old Model 14's & 14 1/2's, already had to modify mag down to 10 shot same as my old Win levers !

If you look to Aussie you will maybe see why the pumps are going ?

Still wrong but way it is now !

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They'll keep on til there's no more guns
of any kind as long as these assholes are
voted into office.

Won't be long til the same crap is done in
the usA now that biden bitch is in office here.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
The time is approaching - but not here yet - when firearms owners in this country will simply stop complying. Being a soft target eventually pisses people off enough that they start resisting.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What do you think of the new savage straight pull bolt gun.

Well they be allowed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG04oVrnims

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will be fine, as long as no dick head importer tries to bring it in with a 10 shot mag and loudly market it.

one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Pump action rifles with detachable mags. The Prime Ministers Nanny was not available for comment

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
What do you think of the new savage straight pull bolt gun.

Well they be allowed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG04oVrnims

You could own any straight pull rifle when I lived Australia 2010-2013. I can't see them going after them.

Can you still own pump shotguns? I think these were on a knife edge of anti-legislation when I left.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
"Can you still own pump shotguns? I think these were on a knife edge of anti-legislation when I left.[/QUOTE]

If you mean Australia, the Pump shotguns went in 96 same as the semis .

In NZ still can have them if less than 5 round capacity fixed mag .

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Prime Ministers Nanny was not available for comment

Well someone must like having a nanny around they keep voting her in.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
That is the result of a carefully stage-managed response to a pandemic , and the power of a media who refuse to publish anything except adoration.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear they are banning slide-action rifles. We missed that bullet, probably because Johnny and his 'wise' advisers didn't know they existed.

My son's Remington 7600 35 Whelen is one of the best sambar rifles I can think of and we would hate to lose it. However, I constantly see the small patrol versions tarted up with pistol-grip stock and long magazines - and they really worry me. I even saw one for sale that the owner had painted battleship grey.

I believe that firepower is only half the issue in those mass shootings. The maniacs are often gamers, used to games where assault rifles are the default weapon and, wanting the game to stay the same, most will stay at the computer if they can't get the right gun.

Sooner or later, though, one will be so desperate to ape Rambo that he will settle for something that just looks like an assault rifle and then law-abiding shooters will be in strife again. I suggest that Australians lean on the distributers to stop importing those patrol rifles, 10-shot magazines and the provocative juvenile accessories, to stave off that possibility.

Posts: 4942 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like all things, its the nuance that eludes politicians. They think they know whats best and rarely stop to consider their knowledge is lacking. Most of these pumps have flush fitting 5 round or less mags. They can not work out that simple regulations around higher capacity magazines would have achieved the same result.
What I truely fear is the day when some fucken nut job walks into a room with a cut down 303 LE.
The type of rifle and the magazine is definitely secondary to proper background checks and ensuring shit heads dont get guns. But thats much harder and less public attention grabbing than saying they are banning guns.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Boy, Id miss my mod. 12 Rem. 22, and the light 20 ga. mod 12,s and how about those mod. 25s in 25-20 and 32-20 fun guns, then the mod 14 and 81s in 25, 30, 32, 35 Remington caliber....I don't see any of these as potentially more dangerous than any other rifle...Those officials need to be tarred and feathered..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41813 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Rimfires are Ok for now, even Semi rimfires, Model 81's are already gone, broke my & a few mates hearts that !

I have or had all those older Rem pumps, only one Rem 25 in 32/20 & three 44/40's & one 44mag Rem Model 14 1/2 left now .

But yes Tar & Feathers is too good for them !!

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Lots of blokes here have pump rifles,they dont last long when listed on line.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
Sorry to hear they are banning slide-action rifles. We missed that bullet, probably because Johnny and his 'wise' advisers didn't know they existed.

My son's Remington 7600 35 Whelen is one of the best sambar rifles I can think of and we would hate to lose it. However, I constantly see the small patrol versions tarted up with pistol-grip stock and long magazines - and they really worry me. I even saw one for sale that the owner had painted battleship grey.

I believe that firepower is only half the issue in those mass shootings. The maniacs are often gamers, used to games where assault rifles are the default weapon and, wanting the game to stay the same, most will stay at the computer if they can't get the right gun.

Sooner or later, though, one will be so desperate to ape Rambo that he will settle for something that just looks like an assault rifle and then law-abiding shooters will be in strife again. I suggest that Australians lean on the distributers to stop importing those patrol rifles, 10-shot magazines and the provocative juvenile accessories, to stave off that possibility.

you should be more worry by your politicians than any mods pump rifles and im worried too as we have the same kind of politicians at home ...

Posts: 1729 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote