Find
Notify
Tools

King Country Fallow
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted
1st time out in the hills in a while and managed to get a nice head for the wall and saw the lad take his 1st deer. Thanks, Shanks for your patience and hospitality.

The rifle is a Heym in 7x57R and it has to be my absolute favourite at the moment

Here are a few pics.

Posts: 354 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy with that. Well done to the lad. That skin is a cracker as well. tu2

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was a cracker couple of hunts. Still remember seeing the big guy walk out of the bush and recognising his length and mass. And yep Bakes, that skin is fantastic, especially for this time of year.

Posts: 4212 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good deal! A really pretty buck, I love how long he is.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great hunt, really nice Fallow buck, and big congrats to you son on his deer. Great eating, and great memories, pictures were awesome!

Posts: 558 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report Hendrik and love the photos. Congrats to your son on his first. Always very special to see a son following the old man's path. The boy's smile suggests he's recognising a life milestone.
Impressive mass on that stag's antlers. Very nice indeed.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1994 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Thats a good report H,good to see you up and at `em again.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
Picked him up from Mark at https://www.biggameartistry.co.nz/ today

Posts: 354 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Very nice mate tu2

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeez that came up well!

Posts: 4212 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. Very nice indeed Hendrik.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1994 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mighty fine all the way.

Congrats to the boy.'

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote