Tools

Field Sports Britain
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Little bit on NZ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjvJN5Cil7Y

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7969 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
God I get sick of the bullshit.

Shooting in a fenced off game park, and running with the dogma that justifies it.

Posts: 4229 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
But its PEST CONTROL so it must be ok

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Guys don't be too harsh !

I actually enjoy Field Soorts Britain. Charlie has grown it from nothing into something and sticks up for hunting and hunters whilst trying to educate and be fair.

Nial who runs / managed W Highland Sporting also a good guy and a hard working keeper / guide up in Scotland. I imagine this was a freebie days shooting for him as part of the programme.....

I am planning a DIY alien invasion hunt with my youngest lad on the SI for 2020. Hope you are not so harsh on me if I post something Whistling Whistling Whistling

Cheers

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
The fry-pan @ 5.30 looked good,oh for a piece of bread to mop up those juices!
At least they are promoting shooting and are not anti`s.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m struggling with what some are bitching about ?
Tahr farming shows good returns on some country .
We all know pigs and goats are fricken pests, also tasty ones at that !
And anyway, it’s an entertainment show !
And I’ve seen a lot worse.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the problem, they are not pests, they are a resource and the pest narrative is put forward by those who want them all gone and unless we fight it and present it differently, we will slowly loose.
The recent tahr cull was 10,000 animals, and we had to fight to stop it being 17-20,000. The entire core of the tahr range has desired density of 0 in their control plan.
Pigs are most likely the most hunted game animal in NZ, and entire communities rely on them for their main source of meat. They are only a problem in localised spots.
Running with that pest narrative is really harmful.

Posts: 4229 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They’re only a resource when managed within the broader context - density, environment, impact etc.
They’re pests when that impact continues unrestrained. Much like politicians.
Agreed, we need to continue to fight to retain the resource and keep the management valid and honest.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am planning a DIY alien invasion hunt with my youngest lad on the SI for 2020. Hope you are not so harsh on me if I post something

Is Charlie's angel ( Anja ) Wink coming along also ?

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2011 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ridgeman:
They’re only a resource when managed within the broader context - density, environment, impact etc.
They’re pests when that impact continues unrestrained. Much like politicians.
Agreed, we need to continue to fight to retain the resource and keep the management valid and honest.

I can largely agree with that. With a few questions.
Do you get to proper management by A - Recognising them as a pest, Or B recognising them as a resource?
Because so far the approach of recognising them as pests does not seem to be getting us to that point.
And of course for very much of the country, the impacts are restrained, quite substantially.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is Charlie's angel ( Anja ) coming along also ?

rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

Wouldn't do it without her !

I know NZ a bit. Anja never been. Am thinking a few days Auckland to see sights, then up to BoI and Russell to check on things there, then two three days fishing the Motu (if trout still open) and then down to Christchurch for a couple of days and then over to the west coast for a bush hunt. Heli drop, 5-6 days hunt and pick up.

Lord knows how I am going to sell this hunt to Anja !!!! Don't know what's going to be tougher the hunt or the sell to Anja !!!

Cheers

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote