New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aussie Open
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Interested in your thoughts. It would seem strict lockdown for Aussies but special treatment for some foreigner that can make someone money is the issue. From afar this looks similar to some of the conflicting garbage we see here with hardliners mandating masks/vax/lockdown for everyone but themselves and their families.

I'll summarize by saying.....most politicians are evil to the core.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 245 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Yes, its turning into quite a shit fight....
My opinion on these sportsmen/celebrity types is....did you invent something, did you discover something, did you cure something? if not, shut the f$#@K up.

You can probably guess I'm not a fan of these people thumbdown

Roger

Posts: 1031 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yumastepside, I'm sympathetic to your views, but as an Austraian, I see it slightly different.

This guy is the world's best tennis player, he was invited to play in the Australian Open, and has played this tornament about 9 other times. He got the best legal advice when applying for this visa, as he has done for a about a decade, previously. Playing tennis is his profession.

This time, a public servant has elected to go above the law and try to deport him on no legal basis. Whether we like this guy, or not, he didn't break the law and a court ruled, yesterday, in his favour.

Its public servants that think they can go above the law and change the rules as they like that piss me off.

If he was deported, that would mean he can't apply for another Australian visa for at least 3 years, and that would also have implications for him entering other countries. A public servant came close to ruining his career, 'cause he could.

Posts: 160 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Mine was a general statement on " celebrities "...the rules apply to everyone....is he double vaccinated, did he have the " correct " visas?...I'm not against him coming into the country as long as he follows the rules like everyone else has to, world champion or sh#tkicker .... bureaucrats are not my favourite people either.

Roger

Posts: 1031 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Novak was right. And unlike the check girl, he had the money to push the issue. Good on him.
From what I understand from here, he had all the paperwork and support of tennis Australia. The fact they let the Check girl in, and then changed thier minds and deported her tends to say its a political decision over common sense.

Posts: 4212 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
The guy's got balls.
But he's no Evonne Goolagong.

Posts: 2908 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the local insight. I was under the impression that he personally was mocking your government for being hypocritical for allowing him in leading up to the tourney. He's a well-known arrogant prick despite being a great player. I understand some of your takes but why would any of you stand for severe restrictions and lockdowns for yourselves but not for "elites"?

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
There is quite a bit of conjecture how some of his tests could have been manipulated.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And if he did stop in dubai, as is now being reported, then that changes things too.

Posts: 4212 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Went to Spain without a visa as well apparently. Fuck him I say

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tony:

MsAZW has a big towel hung over our tub in our Phoenix house from the Australia Open. Makes me think of you every time I see it.

Hey, we just got our Covid test results (PCR): Negative!! (She tested positive twice).

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Ah the old covid is going through my section. My Boss and 5 troops have been hit with it so far. Can't get a rapid test kit anywhere in the DISTRICT for love or money. Give my best to MsAZW Wink Keep healthy mate Big Grin

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Well he's gone....pending appeals

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news...ASLgts?ocid=msedgntp

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love it. The rules may suck but they're for everyone. When a loudmouth, arrogant prick and his family that acts the same as he does gets to play by different rules I'm not ok with it.....looks like most of you aren't either.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Rules?

What rules?

They keep changing them as they go along.

Novak is an idiot, and I don’t like anything about him.

All he has done is expose the sad state of politics in Australia!

As if the Chink virus hasn’t shown enough of how stupid the politicians Down Under are!

Every little dickhead is playing this to his own advantage!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Apparently he is being deported, which I think is the better choice.

But, why has got this far?

Some heads must roll.

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
A lot of people screwed up Saeed.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Yes especially The Joker and his hirelings.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
The whole saga is and was nuts
Why they gave him visa in first place and then turned on him?
I have been traveling extensively through this pandemic and for all the hoopla about vaccination, nobody cares about that it seems, all everyone wants is negative PCR results which makes some sense
No matter who likes Djokovic or not , fault is with Aussie government plain and simple

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Why they gave him visa in first place and then turned on him?

He was given a visa based on HIS own lies,plain and simple,no one turned on him at all.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Australia has always been paranoid about disease control from every aspect; from the apple you may be in possession of which was served to you on the Quantas flight that brought you to Melbourne, to the traces of mud on your cricket shoes that you wore playing for Australia against New Zealand.

It is however their set of rules for everyone to abide by and well, if you don't like them, don't go to Australia.

NoVac Covidic has been effectively deported but am pretty certain the 3 year ban will be lifted for the next tournament.

Posts: 1869 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
The Aussie entry rules have stopped 99% of the shit that floats about the world..rabies is one..swine fever another

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Didn’t stop Muslim and chinamen

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
The French are the same...heel or dont bother coming.

A spokesperson for France's Ministry of Sport has warned there will be no exemption for unvaccinated players at the upcoming French Open in May.

The country recently introduced COVID-passes that require individuals to have received two doses to enter many venues, including sports venues like the grounds at Roland Garros.

"The rule is simple. The vaccine pass will be imposed, as soon as the law is promulgated, in establishments that were already subject to the health pass," the ministry said in a statement.

When all is said and done, it is the Serb's desire to march to the beat of his own drum that has cost him yet another shot at the history he so craves.

"This will apply to everyone who is a spectator or a professional sportsperson and this until further notice.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
The selfish idiot got what he deserves.

But I cannot help feeling that officials in Australia - from immigration to Tennis Australia, should have seen well before he arrived.

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
The selfish idiot got what he deserves.

But I cannot help feeling that officials in Australia - from immigration to Tennis Australia, should have seen well before he arrived.

Tennis Australia of course was thinking of the money and kudos that the top players like Novak attract and bring to tournaments such as the AO, so was fiddling the rules to try and get him in. Aussie is a country with state governments and a federal government similar to but nowhere near as bad as the USA. The state governments can have rules different than other states but all can be overridden by the Federal Government.
Apart from Novak's non disclosure he had broken other rules re prior visits to other countries, at the end of the day the Federal Government rule was clear, no vax, no entry for non-nationals.

Novak also tried the trick of saying it was his officials team that submitted his documentation e.g. drug smuggler caught at the border, my mum packed my bag. That doesn't hold water with any border crossing in the world, you are responsible for your paperwork, you are responsible for your luggage. Then of course Novak is special, the rest of us peasants should recognise those that are special in our world barf

Posts: 3826 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Initially I had quite some sympathy for him, until i found out he'd done some dumb shit that any ordinary person would have thier visa declined for.
Id like many, love to see him playing and competing against nadal for that 21st title. It would be epic! and the game is the lesser for this result. But its the rules and a fair cop to throw him out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joke I saw today.

If theres one thing Aussies know about Tennis, its how to return a Serb.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Ultimately who cares?

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Surfing great Kelly Slater has “no chance” of getting into Australia for upcoming events without being vaccinated, according to the federal government.

The Age reports Slater has been warned by federal sports minister Richard Colbeck that it will be almost impossible for him to enter Victoria or Western Australia, where upcoming World Surf League events are being held, without being vaccinated against Covid-19.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Reports from Israel say a 4th jab has not been very effective??

I wish someone would know what is actually happening!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Reports from Israel say a 4th jab has not been very effective??

I wish someone would know what is actually happening!

Uhhhhhh.....what's happening is this is a virus that has mutated multiple times followed by decreasing efficacy of the vaccine with each mutation. People have been demanding absolutes from day 1 when that's not possible during a wildly dynamic situation.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sadly, because this was made a bloody shambles of, there is more damage.

Serbia just cancelled Rio Tinto's mining license!

The stupid politicians cannot see further than the tips of their noses.

If they had made it clear you either have a vaccine, or you don't get a visa, this would not have happened.

Issuing one then cancelling and creating all the stupid political hoopla has consequences!

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post

Oh it was on environmental grounds though and had nothing to do with tennis........

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gryphon1:

Oh it was on environmental grounds though and had nothing to do with tennis........

Of course not.

Both Australia and Serbia have lections within a month of each other.

Politicians only grand stand when there is an election around the corner.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Yes agreed,I dont know much about the Serb but our Prime Minister is useless,but then they all are I suppose.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sadly my friend, the way those State governors have been dealing with Chink virus is totally strange to us.

I have Australian friends here who just keep shaking their heads.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
I believe that there are lot more Aussies shaking their heads here also!