New
Find
Notify
Tools

And like an idiot....
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Went to check the game camera today and thought I'd take the .22 and try to call in a fox....and like an idiot I forgot the ammo. It was sitting on the table right where I put it Roll Eyes

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7973 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't feel alone on that Tony.

I never have, but I kept a large milk crate of
all the various ammo I reloaded for. Filled it up!

At least 100 rounds of each, more common sizes up to 300. Most years the first visitors to our camp were the game wardens. I made it a point to show them my trailer and that I had a big stock of ammo for sale when they found others that had forgotten theirs.

It was 34 miles down a rough rocky dirt road to the nearest town that most likely wouldn't have what they needed anyway.

"Just tell them to bring their guns so we could check for sure things would chamber." We had a target at camp so I had them fire a couple to make sure they were happy.

Almost every year I sold at least 100 rounds. One year 400 and three times they only took 50 as that was the size boxes I kept. I never had a complaint about any I sold.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
been there done that..just the once.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never forgotten the ammo, but have realised Ive forgotten the knife who animal was on the ground.

Posts: 4234 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote