New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home Grown Hunting Videos
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Sometimes for a bit of fun I search around for YouTube hunting videos, from anywhere around the world, mainly to see what other hunters are pursuing, and where, and for the occasional bit of useful info that comes through.
OK, I know I sometimes spend more time than I should doing this, particularly now that we're in Lockdown 4 here with most outdoor activity heavily restricted, so I have at least an excuse ( weak ) but I reckon the current generation of young bloods have really got some skills in putting together highly watchable short hunting stories. I guess being raised in an era of this sort of tech it probably comes to them naturally with assistance of high quality and affordable video and camera equipment. As an example of what I'm talking about I'm placing a link to a NZ hunt video I enjoyed today. These guys hunted in hills I hunted years ago for Chamois and would like to revisit some day. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKPETwb41uo

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1992 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Nup....my knees so NO! rotflmo

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic looking hunting country. The narrators attitude to taking the shot was pretty awesome too.

Posts: 4212 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TPsent me this one Grant, so you have probably seen it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i95Fnz0eXSM

Posts: 4212 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
The main issue I have with many hunting vids is they plaster annoying music over them. I dont need music to make me watch the action , any more than I need prats high-fiving each other and measuring their dicks when they score a hit .

Maybe Im just old and cranky these days

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
Maybe Im just old and cranky these days

Welcome to the club Muzza Big Grin

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She don't drink Speights!

For the non Kiwis- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q25aJ6UNvhw

Yep pretty hard to find the perfect video. I did notice the music too, but felt the cinematography captured better the essence of Tahr hunting without the need for words. Because honestly for me what stuffs a video more than most other things, is people talking too much.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
TPsent me this one Grant, so you have probably seen it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i95Fnz0eXSM

What's James going to do now with Hamilton going into lockdown?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hes an essential worker, so imagine hes allowed out. Hopefully he was out when they announced it.