New
Find
Notify
Tools

Its finished...Little Chital
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Went up yesterday and put the finishing touches on the Chital. I made some mistakes but all in all I think it went ok.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7969 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you had not said so I would not have believed this is your first taxidermy project. I'm impressed by the result. Well done.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2011 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have always been interested in doing that. I started cleaning my own skulls using masceration a couple of years ago, and I am happy with the result.

You did a really nice job.

Is it a straight forward kind of process or does it take a lot of black magic and artistic ability?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got to be happy with that!

Posts: 4229 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words gents.

BWW
I'm not artistic Big Grin . I think learn the process, have an eye for detail and try to match things (left eye to the right eye to the reference pic etc). Adding habitat and such will take an artistic flair I suppose. A good fish guy I think is VERY artistic. Give it a go mate tu2

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7969 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks real good from here Tony.

Need to make sure you use the
correct eye's too.

Congrats on taking the time to learn
how to do it right.

Now for a buff----!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
LOL I'm a LOOOONG way away from a buff mate.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Thats a 10.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great job. Very impressive

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote