New
Find
Notify
Tools

AMMO SHORTAGE
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
havent been to a gun shop for a while, but heard from a few people that gun shops are out of ammo here in Melbourne...Apparently Remington sold a million rounds this last week...no stock left
Daniel

Posts: 1476 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
It is the same here, we are all going to need plenty of ammo to hold off the hordes that will surely come after our toilet paper!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2265 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
It is the same here, we are all going to need plenty of ammo to hold off the hordes that will surely come after our toilet paper!

I just new there was a reason (other than boredom)I loaded up 2500 55g 223 rem in the Jan. & Feb. rotflmo dancing tu2

Posts: 2350 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I snagged 8lbs of H1000 on Friday. Felt like I won the lottery. Bought 500 195 7mm Bergers, 500 Berger 300 Elite Hunter, and 200 .338 ELDs (all they had) as well as another 1000 Fed 215s.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Can Nosler Accubonds get corona virus? Wink

I bought the last .338 packet from the local shop and found half had lost their heads.

Posts: 4942 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have heard of others that have bought accubonds and experienced the same thing....i bought some 300 gn accubonds for the 375 they were seconds from the proshop and there okay also bought some 260 accubonds from a gun shop and there okay

Posts: 1476 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
My LGS has virtually no factory ammo, powder or projectiles left. I was told by a friend who went to Cleavers, a bloke walked in and bought 60,000 rounds of 22RF.

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a great incentive to
cast your own and reload.

Don't want to say how much
ammo I have on hand. Might be
some a/h try to bite me over it.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:

Have 17,000 cast and lubed projectiles, 13,000 primers, 38 tins of powder, should get me through the crisis.

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Ass Wallace:
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:

Have 17,000 cast and lubed projectiles, 13,000 primers, 38 tins of powder, should get me through the crisis.

My Grandpa always told me, "put your trust in the Lord, but keep your powder dry."

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
The local gun dealer said ammo sales had increased but I think in this country shooters would be concerned with going hunting (to fill the freezer and days of no work) rather than the Apocalypse.

The deer season is always open and, if camping out, hunters pose little threat to rural communities - but I'm afraid the zeitgeist is against us.

The government and country folk don't want us going out there, assuming people would be staying in places with shared facilities that could become contaminated. This is ironic considering their urges to go back after the fires; but I guess hunters who keep to themselves are not even helping the local shops.

A tip for those who do go out: take some tissues and metho to clean bowser hose grips before and after you use them. That way you safeguard the locals and yourselves.

Posts: 4942 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Got over 200 cast 400grs for my 404 and similar 7mm cast for my 7mm-08 and plenty of lead to cast more.
The 404 would be very economical just align half a dozen or so zombies and take them all with one shot Wink

Opening of duck season coming up in May, might not go ahead now of course, but plenty of 12 gauge to hand.

Along with most of our businesses and retail outlets all the hunting and guns shops closed anyway so it will have to be cast if the apocalypse comes rotflmo

Posts: 3847 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Rudyard Kipling said ,''A man can never have too much red wine, books or Ammunition''