Notify
Tools

New show- Hunting, fishing, cooking on SBS
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
https://www.smh.com.au/culture...20211104-p59602.html

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guess I should get a VPN. Sounds like it could be a great show.

Posts: 4212 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
A bit of welcome to country bullshit but I'll give it a chance. If she cries when she kills something, I'm out Big Grin

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
I noticed in her interview she was like, you know like, everything was like....that would drive me nuts!

Roger

Posts: 1031 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
rotflmo Yes mate. I've gotten used to that by working with the young folk. Drives me crazy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just watched it, and really its not designed for us as an audience.
Im surprised it has not featured a man bun anywhere yet.

But thats ok, if the show allows people to accept the hunting fishing lifestyle as a good way to spend your life then its doing some good.

Are there any other H&F shows on SBS that are worth checking out?

Posts: 4212 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
It’s pretty shit. It’s a female version of Gourmet Farmer that was one a few years ago.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got to say too, and it might have become the same here as I dont watch tv, but your adds strike me as similar to eating boiled courgette.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So Ive had a little bit to do with making tv.
Its damn hard work for the presenters and very often while they carry the can for poor performance or presentation, they are tied very tightly and under the control of producers and production companies who, to be fair are often putting huge pressure on them to cut corners for expediency and cost reasons.
This kind of reality show is it seems very prone too it and I can pick out the contrived bits quite quickly.
The latest episode was actually quite good in that regard as the guest was quite natural and seemed genuinely to enjoy the new experience. Probably the only thing I had to wonder about was how the crays got in the pots. They were not behaving like crays over here when you pull them from the water.